Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Calling! your warranty has expired

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Seamus as someone who has been building PCs for myself, friends and work, you are talking pure bollocks if you think a PC is not expected to last 3 years.

Like slimjimmc, foggy_lad and Noodler have stated, Iv PCs going back 10 years that still run as well today as the day I built them.

Hell I paid 3k for a Philips widescreen TV about 10 years ago and its still running perfectly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i have given away televisions and other items for free that were 20 years old and still working perfectly well! but would i expect a repair or anything else for them no because given the cost and use i got from them they were reasonably durable and fit for purpose etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I would imagine most electrical goods should last a minimum of three years but this can be dependant on price in that a dirt cheap tv may not be expected to last that long or of that type of product doesn't normally last that long. This is not to say you can go back to a shop demanding a refund or even a replacement straight up if a fault develops. If they cannot repair or replace they can get away with only a partial refund.

it is all about getting your money's worth from a product rather than value for your money. if you pay for an expensive tv it should behave and last like an expensive tv not break down after a year like some cheap knock off set!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Im getting lots of calls from 02044000.

Think its a scam....wondering if Im going to order the laptop.. saying have I card details. Contacted Dell and they said nobody has contacted me.

How did they know I was thinking of ordering a laptop!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

01 204 4000 is the number for dell sales
    and this thread is nearly 2 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

jtown wrote: »
    Im getting lots of calls from 02044000.

Think its a scam....wondering if Im going to order the laptop.. saying have I card details. Contacted Dell and they said nobody has contacted me.

How did they know I was thinking of ordering a laptop!!!

Had you been in touch with Dell sales support discussing a possible purchase?

Not sure if Dell sub-contract support functions, but some Indian call centres have been shown to trade personal data as a valuable commodity.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Had you been in touch with Dell sales support discussing a possible purchase?

Not sure if Dell sub-contract support functions, but some Indian call centres have been shown to trade personal data as a valuable commodity.

Yes was onto them to get a laptop. However I contacted Dell myself and asked were they calling me yesterday morning and they said NOONE from Dell tried to call me. However that number rang me at least 6 times.

jtown wrote: »
    Yes was onto them to get a laptop. However I contacted Dell myself and asked were they calling me yesterday morning and they said NOONE from Dell tried to call me. However that number rang me at least 6 times.
    It is Dell ringing you from India! It is most likely an independent sales person trying to sell you an extended warranty

From an experience buying a memory upgrade from Dell a few years ago I am of the opinion that many of the Dell reps are working as stand-alone sales reps who buy stock from dell and sell it on to Dell customers at extortionate rates! Dell reps were looking for €140+ for two sticks of ram that were listed on the Dell site at €35.

Advertisement