Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 3: Late Night

Options
  • 21-07-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

Anybody else see this? Looks ok, glad the hot tub is back. Seems to be very similar to Nightlife which was cool. I think I'll like being able to go inside the social buildings again. (Hate that I can't do anything once my sims go into a restaurant)

Just wish they'd frickin bring out Pets for TS3 now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

Yeah I just saw this today, it doesnt excite me as much as ambitions did. it the release date out yet? Theres also a stuff pack coming out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I see this new pack brings apartments into the mix, yay :D

Also, Wiki claims that 'Musician' is one of the new/improved careers so maybe they'll bring back the piano and/or other instruments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Here's a link to the Sims Forum. Someone on this thread listed a load of features that were mentioned on Twitter. It's quite an expansion: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/240987.page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

humanji wrote: »
    Here's a link to the Sims Forum. Someone on this thread listed a load of features that were mentioned on Twitter. It's quite an expansion: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/240987.page

I MUST have this. Thanks for that humanji :)

:eek:

:eek:

That is HUGE! :eek: I think I'll need to clear some space on my drive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Hahaha did the first 30seconds or so remind anyone of Jersey Shore?

It looks CLAAAASSSSSSS!!! I LOVE IT :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So, it's out next week. Who's picking it up? I shall be for sure. The list of features is mind numbing :P

I just got Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 is out next week, so I honestly can't see me getting it until I finish with those two. That said, I'm an idiot with a history of impulse buys, so I'll probably pick it up at the same time as Fable 3. :D

I think I might get mine from play.com, its £24.99 there, which seems cheaper than everywhere else so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

How did I not know about this? *implodes*
    Glad I didn't find out sooner actually, the wait is going to kill me as it is!!

• Advertisement

is it out here on the 26th or the 29th?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

29th I'd imagine

29th according to play.com.

Getting a copy tomorrow evening :)

Reviews are coming in now. From a few looks, it seems it's the best expansion of all Sims 3 expansions so far

http://www.news10.net/news/article.aspx?storyid=102725&provider=top&catid=188

I've mine ordered :D Apparently I might even get it tomorrow in the post. But sure Friday's grand :D I'm delighted it's getting good reviews.

Sounds pretty good, but I'm kind of surprised about the "one family per apartment block" thing. Guess we'll see how that works out.

IGN gave it 75%, docking marks for 'Having to start all over again'. Errr.. move your Sims? Not very hard :confused:

IGN gave it 75%, docking marks for 'Having to start all over again'. Errr.. move your Sims? Not very hard :confused:
    But they've got roots in the community and careers. Should they give up all that in the hope of fame in the big city? There's a recession on you know. You can't just throw away a good job and your families security for you shot at the big time. That's just selfish!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

i got mine tonight but can't seem to get it to work. it says its installed but not appearing when i go to play :(

ms.c wrote: »
    i got mine tonight but can't seem to get it to work. it says its installed but not appearing when i go to play :(
    Are you starting it from the Late Night icon, or the main Sims 3 icon? It works fine when I use the Late Night icon.

I'm messing about with it now. Still trying to figure out the ins and outs, but it's fun. It's good having a night life to play through as opposed to just using that time to bum about the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

what happened was the icon wasnt appearing, said it was installed yet the icon wasnt there. i uninstalled some of the old expansions too and same thing happened, when i reinstalled them the icon wouldnt appear.

i have since fixed it (had to pay for the base game again cos my brother lost it), uninstalled EVERYTHING and reinstalled so its workin :)

it's quite good, im just messing with it too at the moment but seems brilliant

Right, I've giving some aspects of it a good going over now. It does have some great points, but some things don't seem too well thought out.

For example, there are plenty of wishes for playing the guitar or learning new songs on it, but I've yet to have one for any of the other instruments. It seems a bit daft. And some of the other ones are a little useless. Like one that says you've to go to 10 hotspots for 2500 points. A hotspot is a bar that is busy on a particular night, so it can take several days to complete that and even more if your Sim has a career that takes up most of your time and evergy. It's easier to just a few smaller wishes and you'll get the same result in less time.

There's still plenty of features I haven't played around with yet. I'm really enjoying it at the moment. I was on the verge of starting a band yesterday, so we'll see how that goes tonight.

I'm really liking it so far. The apartments are disappointing, much smaller than I'd thought they would be, and the fact that it's just sitting there at the top floor seems stupid.

As for the wishes, I've had wishes to play drums, piano etc. so I'm not quite sure why yours is doing that. I formed a band yesterday, me being the only member that can play an instrument well, it was hilarious when we went to a bar to perform a gig and it was just a total mess.

I also purchased a beach in a real estate and transformed one end of the beach into a concert area. Crashing parties can be quite fun too

How do you crash parties? I was talking to a Sim who mentioned that there was a party on, but I couldn't find it.

Hey Humanji. i've gotten wishes to play different instruments in the park, had to laugh when one of them was play the piano in the park.
    I dont like the fact that it takes 2 taxis and a train to get from one side of the town to the other but i'm having a good time with it so far!
    Also the little pack we get for registering the game was so disappointing

humanji wrote: »
    How do you crash parties? I was talking to a Sim who mentioned that there was a party on, but I couldn't find it.

I was wandering around town and saw a lot of people walking into an apartment :pac: Followed them through and my Crash the Party wish was fulfilled. When I walked in it was hilarious. Everyone was gasping and staring at me, and - signs all over their heads. I took 3 drinks and started flirting with one of the women there before I was asked to leave... about the time I vomited on the floor (I had some rank food beforehand). Good timing :o

Hey Humanji. i've gotten wishes to play different instruments in the park, had to laugh when one of them was play the piano in the park.
    I dont like the fact that it takes 2 taxis and a train to get from one side of the town to the other but i'm having a good time with it so far!
    Also the little pack we get for registering the game was so disappointing

What do you get? I haven't registered it yet

Wonder why I've not got any wishes to play any other instruments. :(

I like how the drinks give you different effects. I probably should have written down which ones do what, though. But I suppose guessing is more fun.

What do you get? I haven't registered it yet

I can't remember exactly what it is, i know there are only 5 items and i think 2 of them are lights.

I found another way to crash a party, in map view the parties are shown like purple balloons, you can click on it and 'crash party' will come up, i'm on my way to it now :D

• Advertisement

And is it just me, or do a lot of people turn up to up-market bars in their underwear? I was in a bar last night and a non-celebrity Sim was wandering around with no clothes on. It was bizarre, and upsetting because it doesn't happen in my local.

Advertisement