Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4 vs. HTC Desire vs. Sony Ericsson X10 Xperia

Options
  • 21-07-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Know a good bit about the iphone but do people reckon the other 2 above are better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

That depends....what do you want/need?

I personally find even jailbreaked iphunks too restricted.
    X10 without a question the 'worst' of them. Currently only Android 1.6; no multitouch and the slowest snapdragon device I've used. The Desire is nice. Though battery life is iffy especially when you web a lot. But ARM say the upcoming Froyo update should improve battery life.

Another disadvantatge of desire is you can (until Froyo) only install apps on phone memore which is limited.
    Great screen though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

both X10 and desire have unofficial 2.2 builds available in on XDA Forum...

X10 is meant to get an official 2.1 upgrade in september i think.

if u want a phone and u dont care about customizing and fidling around with it iphone is for u...X10 and Desire are great phones (though i would go for Desire ---> reason = htc has superior built quality to SE )

• Registered Users Posts: 14 benny194

I got the iphone 3GS last year and to be honest, it's a great experience. However, once you've gotten all your favorite apps, the rest is pretty much junk. At the end of the day, it's still just a phone. Apple also take forever to implement stuff that is standard on other platforms (look at how long it took for them to do MMS, Copy/Paste and multitasking). Android is the way to go at the moment or you can hang around til September/October when the first Windows Phone 7 devices start popping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

benny194 wrote: »
    I got the iphone 3GS last year and to be honest, it's a great experience. However, once you've gotten all your favorite apps, the rest is pretty much junk. At the end of the day, it's still just a phone. Apple also take forever to implement stuff that is standard on other platforms (look at how long it took for them to do MMS, Copy/Paste and multitasking). Android is the way to go at the moment or you can hang around til September/October when the first Windows Phone 7 devices start popping up.

Out of the three you mentioned I'd say go for the HTC Desire, the only downside is that the battery life isn't great(then again which smart phone has a good battery life:rolleyes:)

As for the Windows 7 Phones, I've no doubt these will be amazing but their app market would take a few years to catch up will Apple or even Android

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭s_macmahon

thanks all , so is it worth waiting for windows 7 or until android 2.1 comes onto the Sony Ericsson? Or should I just pop for the iphone 4?

• Advertisement

s_macmahon wrote: »
    thanks all , so is it worth waiting for windows 7 or until android 2.1 comes onto the Sony Ericsson? Or should I just pop for the iphone 4?

are you handy around with phone software...i mean its no rocket science i didnt know anything about my WM phone for example but i did some reading hacked it and i can do anything on it now...same goes for android...

as where iPhone has limitations...

if ur handy out go for X10 or Desire...

if u just want a phone and apps then iPhone 4...but that has its flaws too...screen problems, bt problems, reception problems, and their sixaxis sensors can be buggy...so have in mind...where as desire and X10 has been out for a while and problems are fixed with em

are you handy around with phone software...i mean its no rocket science i didnt know anything about my WM phone for example but i did some reading hacked it and i can do anything on it now...same goes for android...

as where iPhone has limitations...

if ur handy out go for X10 or Desire...

if u just want a phone and apps then iPhone 4...but that has its flaws too...screen problems, bt problems, reception problems, and their sixaxis sensors can be buggy...so have in mind...where as desire and X10 has been out for a while and problems are fixed with em

x10 fixed? lol
    I have a "fixed" x10 right here.
    Galaxy Spica, Tattoo, X10 Mini are all 3 roughly half the price of the X10, they are all 3 faster, and less frustrating to use. Only Sony Ericsson could take a Snapdragon processor and make stuff so slow with it. Kinetic scrolling on the "fixed" X10 is like pulling a sheet of paper with dozens of staples from a mechanical typewriter.

On Esato, a dedicated Se fansite, core members like bonovox etc etc moved to Samsungs because of how fixed the Se X10 is.
    Example: you can´t just launch the musicplayer - you gotta launch the entire mediascape app...
    And the body creaks when you grip it too tightly...

mmm well thats why i said go for the desire...just cause you dont like the X10 doesnt mean other ppl dont...i heard very good reviews about it

but single touch kinetic scrolling and poor quality is something i have mentioned many times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Dont go for the iphone 4, I had one and sold it..feels awkward to hold, antenna issue is a serious issue despite apple brushing it off, and it is restrictive.

Currently have a Desire..excellent phone.

mmm well thats why i said go for the desire...just cause you dont like the X10 doesnt mean other ppl dont...i heard very good reviews about it

but single touch kinetic scrolling and poor quality is something i have mentioned many times
    to a degree, you are right, but anyone who has at all used another fast device will get sim-rage from the X10... it is painfully slow, and simple things are just stupid (the dialler e.g. wtf? impossible to use with one hand).... so I'd recommend it only as a starter device, AND for THAT it's awfully expensive ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement