Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

popular aero rim colors?

• 21-07-2010 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

I got a few ultegra hubs for sale/trade that arent getting much(any) interest, I might have to put them on ebay but was thinking of building a few wheels as that might make selling them easier

rigida dp18 or halo aerotrack. which colors would sell best? would white be the safest bet? the aerotrack was no visible braking surface, dp18 only comes in white,silver and black but is 30mm high profile and less common to buy in a wheelbuild

realistically what would I expect to get for a 32h aerotrack rim laced(more than likely radially) to an ultegra hub? CRC sells them for 95-100euro but with a rebranded formula hub I believe, ultegra would be a nice upgrade

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You are unlikely to make money on it IMO. You don't have a rear Ultegra 36 spoke by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sorry no, just the front hubs, got five of them.
    was hoping to get 80euro per wheel, that would give me a tiny profit for the actual wheelbuilding labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Not worth the time investment alright. I would not recommend selling a handbuilt wheel unless you are 100% confident in your ability to build a wheel to stand for the life of the rim. Its not worth the potential bad feedback on ebay, as that can hurt future sales of items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

sorry no, just the front hubs, got five of them.
    was hoping to get 80euro per wheel, that would give me a tiny profit for the actual wheelbuilding labour
    You want 20-30 profit for that time investment tho

I was gonna just sell the hubs alone on ebay.

I'm pretty confident of my wheel building but still improving, can lace a 36h rim '3cross' in less than 30mins but getting the spoke tension perfect takes a good bit longer

• Advertisement

You want 20-30 profit for that time investment tho

ideally yes, I just want to offload the hubs and not lose any money on them

Advertisement