Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phantom Fm

• 21-07-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So I Got sick of listening to Declan Meehan & awful pop music on East Coast so flicked on Phantom fm, Now 2 months on Its wrecking my head its just one Big repeat everyday I think I counted the same song on 4 Times through the day. Even the guy who just works Saturday's has started to cop on, Anybody else notice this? 90's Lunch box is about the only thing I can listen to on it.

I'm back on Today Fm now :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Wow! There's variation for ya!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Seamonster

I have stopped listening to Phantom until after 10 or so, it´s like listening to FM104, they keep playing the same songs over and over and over and over again and I find myself diving to change channel. At the moment they play: Up Up Up by Givers, Ham Sandwich, All The Young Kids or whatever, James McMorrow, The XX - Girls Like You etc. so much it's wrecking my head. All great artists but jesus christ enough is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Seamonster wrote: »
    I have stopped listening to Phantom until after 10 or so, it´s like listening to FM104, they keep playing the same songs over and over and over and over again and I find myself diving to change channel. At the moment they play: Up Up Up by Givers, Ham Sandwich, All The Young Kids or whatever, James McMorrow, The XX - Girls Like You etc. so much it's wrecking my head. All great artists but jesus christ enough is enough.

Unfortunately thats what dublin listeners want....as far as Nova and Phantom are concerned....
    I just wish someone from either station would come on here and explain why theres so little variation on their playlists....its all too safe for my liking
    I was a big Rock fan and looked forward to Nova coming on air...but was i sooo dissapointed after a couple of weeks....
    Theres great oppertunity for two great stations for Dublin and imo they're being completely wasted...
    Maybe if everyone stopped listening to them...would they get the message...?
    I doubt it.............maybe get in some fresh station managers...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Phantom is starting to go downhill- for one they need to overhaul the morning show and get rid of the two hosts; especially the woman, shes awful. Shake up the play-lists a little.
    Also the constant 'text in with your answer.... to this inane question' thing needs to be curtailed.

Although John Caddell in the evening is good, plays decent music and is a likable host which is pretty much all you want.

Advertisement