Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/TV in Harolds Cross Road

• 21-07-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi living on Harolds Cross Road, UPC have told us fibre power 15mb broadband not available in our area but tv is. Any other ideas as for broadband in harolds cross road?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

userod wrote: »
    Hi living on Harolds Cross Road, UPC have told us fibre power 15mb broadband not available in our area but tv is. Any other ideas as for broadband in harolds cross road?

Do you know what telecoms exchange you are on? I can find this out for you without too much difficulty, even if you don't have a phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

Hi Rory. I'd love to get Magnet but I've been onto Michael (in Sales). He tells me we'r on Terenure exchange so he says it'd cost us 40e p/m for 8Mb + line rental (I think 25e). So 65e p/m for 8mb broadband. A little too much. Anything ye could do?

Hi Rory. I'd love to get Magnet but I've been onto Michael (in Sales). He tells me we'r on Terenure exchange so he says it'd cost us 40e p/m for 8Mb + line rental (I think 25e). So 65e p/m for 8mb broadband. A little too much. Anything ye could do?

Sadly no, in that case Michael would be correct. He uses the tool I was referring to.

Hi Rory. Would ye be 'reselling' the eircom package? Would this mean the same poor ping times eircom have and no torrent downloading?

Hi Rory. Would ye be 'reselling' the eircom package? Would this mean the same poor ping times eircom have and no torrent downloading?

The ping time would depend on the route and whether or not we would use a different on.

On torrents, we currently have no 3rd party arrangements with anyone on this matter.

• Advertisement

Rory, what about contention?

What do you mean exactly when you say you would be 'reselling' the eircom broadband?

Would speeds be better than Eircoms 8mb?

Rory, what about contention?

What do you mean exactly when you say you would be 'reselling' the eircom broadband?

Would speeds be better than Eircoms 8mb?

1. 12:1

2. We would be selling the eircom 8.1Mb service but without a download limit.

3. Not if they are selling the 8.1Mb "SWIFT" service.

Advertisement