Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gym's in Limerick

• 21-07-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody can recommend a gym in the Castletroy/Dooradoyle/Raheen area of Limerick?

I know there are older threads on this subject but I have heard that some gyms have closed recently and that others may not stay open for much longer.

I would be interested in paying up front for 12 months in somewhere that has good equipment but that is not overly busy each evening (ie somewhere I won't have to queue for machines regularly). I would also prefer to sign up somewhere that will probably be open in 12 months time!!!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

castletroy is the oppsite side of the city to raheen/dooradoyle but anyway the only gym in know of in castletroy is the university arena, theres also one in the park hotel, sont know on prices tho..dont know dooradoyle at all so dont know of any gyms there

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭munsterkerryfan

dave 27 wrote: »
    castletroy is the oppsite side of the city to raheen/dooradoyle but anyway the only gym in know of in castletroy is the university arena, theres also one in the park hotel, sont know on prices tho..dont know dooradoyle at all so dont know of any gyms there

I work at one side and live on the other side so I would be interested in gyms at either side of the city. I don't go through the city on a daily basis so would prefer something in one of the area's I have mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dstoran

I joined Dooradoyle Leisure Club for the summer, was out there last night and they're after getting a truckload of new weights! Everyone was walking around with a big smile on their face. Nice atmosphere out there, they've got a good selection of cardio and nice pool too, everything I need anyway. Never too packed out there. Think they run exercise classes upstairs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was going to suggest the gym in the Maldron Hotel for convenience but you cannot get to it anymore from the Southern Ring road. :mad: If you normally head up Childer's Road then it might be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

dstoran wrote: »
    I joined Dooradoyle Leisure Club for the summer, was out there last night and they're after getting a truckload of new weights! Everyone was walking around with a big smile on their face. Nice atmosphere out there, they've got a good selection of cardio and nice pool too, everything I need anyway. Never too packed out there. Think they run exercise classes upstairs as well.

Price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dstoran

keane2097 wrote: »
    Price?

I paid €160 for three months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

I'm in the Maldron hotel gym, to be honest the toilets and showers need a good cleaning but it has a nice pool/sauna/steam room/jacuzzi. The gym has lost a bike and cross trainer that haven't been replaced but its pretty well equipped.

They have an offer of €299 for the year of you pay up front before July 31st.

Clarion hotel doing a deal at the moment too but haven't been in for a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jim05

Any idea of jjb prices at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

€299 - 15 Months
    €249 - 12 Months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Im a member of the MK gym on windmill lane, it has a load of weights, plenty benches and theres never more than 3 or 4 in there at a time so no queues.

i pay 30 euro a month and this includes all the classes that they do like abs blast and fitness secessions etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement