Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two extra Officials for Champions League.

• 21-07-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Sorry if posted already (didn't see any thread)

Breaking News SKY SPORT News ,
    Two officials to be used in next seasons Champions League , No info yet as to where or how they are to be used .
    Reaction to the world cup fcuk ups .

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Could just be the same as the Europa behind the goal guys

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Could just be the same as the Europa behind the goal guys

That what I was thinking ,cannot see them being any use anywhere else .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id reckon behind the goals also.

Not that they made much difference in the Europa league last year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

In the Europa league were the assistants behind the goals able to inform the referee if a foul had been committed prior to a goal scored that perhaps he had missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ugh, this is such a TERRIBLE way to go about fixing the glaring inadequacies in how the game is officiated.

Unbelievaby backward fcuking association.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I reckon there should be two either side of the goals and maybe one suspended above the goal for goal line decisions, and maybe another four to mind the corner flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not in every single league in every country across the world? I thought FIFA didn't want to have different rules or methods of officiating for different levels of the game? Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I reckon there should be two either side of the goals and maybe one suspended above the goal for goal line decisions, and maybe another four to mind the corner flags.

Why do they rob a lot of corner flags around your way .That terrible ,people these days .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It will be the same as in the Europa League. I watched a few EL league games last season and there were a few incidents they missed. I recall Craig Burley made a big issue of it in one of the games. It's not a solution to the problem at all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'll be happy as long as they don't wander onto the pitch every two minutes. Seriously, why? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It will be the same as in the Europa League. I watched a few EL league games last season and there were a few incidents they missed. I recall Craig Burley made a big issue of it in one of the games. It's not a solution to the problem at all imo.

I'm not sure in which game in the Europa League but it was a penalty clearly and it was literally under this extra officials nose and he did nothing. Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure in which game in the Europa League but it was a penalty clearly and it was literally under this extra officials nose and he did nothing. Unbelievable.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I think it was late enough in the tournament and/or involving a British team(only way I would've see it), player nipped past a back and then turned down the touchline and was cleaned out of it and nothing was done.

Advertisement