Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what tubes for this wheel?

• 21-07-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I have the following wheels on my mountain bike:

Wheels: Shimano M475-L hubs; Bontrager Ranger rims
    Tires: Bontrager Jones XR, 26x2.25" front, 26x2.20" rear

What do i ask for when looking for tubes for these wheels/tires? id like to buy online but dont know what to search for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Why in the name of the lord buy tubes online? Take your bike to a shop. Ask a staff member to give you tubes to fit your bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

fguihen wrote: »
    Tires: Bontrager Jones XR, 26x2.25" front, 26x2.20" rear

Continental MTB 26 x 1.75-2.5 Presta 52mm

52mm should be long enough, maybe measure the old valve length. Make sure you have a Presta compatible pump (road bike kind of valve with a nut on top).

He is right though, buy locally, you don't save much online unless you are buying in bulk and/or at sale prices. You will only need one or two and a repair kit, you can pretty much just repair the tube indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

ok, i hear you guys, but even so, the store that i bought the bike in is a bit away. i go by a bike store most days but dont have my bike with me. just want to know what to ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Continental MTB: Brand

26: Wheel Diameter(most MTBs are 26", a few are 29")
    x
    1.75-2.5: Range of tyre widths this tube will suit

Presta: Valve type
    Presta%20and%20Schrader%20Images.gif

52mm: Valve Length.

Advertisement