Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat r net

Options
  • 21-07-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Do these internet cafes have public scanners? I need to scan some documents to my computer/memory key. If not, is there anywhere else in the city I can do this?
    Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I have no idea but I can do it for you at work if you are stuck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Are Chat r net still around? I know a lot of their shops have closed down recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I have no idea but I can do it for you at work if you are stuck! :D
    That would be cool, I may well take you up on that! :pac: Its Passports I want to have a copy off in case they get stolen while I'm abroad, wouldn't want to be stranded like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

That would be cool, I may well take you up on that! :pac: Its Passports I want to have a copy off in case they get stolen while I'm abroad, wouldn't want to be stranded like!

In many ways you'd be better off stranded abroad :) ... Wouldn't just having your pasport no. written down be enough as I thought you are not allowed to photocopy/scan passport??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Do you not have a digital camera ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

No problem, PM me if needed. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭chilloutman

the chat r net upstairs across from where golden rickshaw chinese is has a scanner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Thanks for the replies. I used the digital camera as suggested and to my surprise they actually came out perfect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Wouldn't just having your pasport no. written down be enough as I thought you are not allowed to photocopy/scan passport??

Can you give us a reference for that?

'Tis the first I've heard of it: having a photocopy of your passport left with someone very reliable at home is pretty advice for young (and indeed older) people going travelling overseas. I certainly did it before I left home, and I'm sure there's no law against it there. Dunno about here.

(Actually, thinking some more, lots of employers take copies so that they can prove that they did see your ID. So do banks and even Welfare I think.)

And no, just having the number written down is not the same. Being able to produce a photocopy indicates that you did have the original at one stage, and it gives you all the details not just the number.

Advertisement