Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to make Kilkenny better.

Options
  • 21-07-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Kilkenny is one of the most beautiful places in Ireland, but also one of the lamest. Any idea's on what could be done to liven it up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

Free concerts on The Parade during the summer would attract crowds. Its a great space and should be used for the benefit of the city.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Replying to your own posts is the first sign of madness ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

spikeprint wrote: »
    Free concerts on The Parade during the summer would attract crowds. Its a great space and should be used for the benefit of the city.

Who said that? *shudder* Is there someone else here?

I agree with spikeprint. Open air concerts is a great idea, but I disagree with spikeprint, Kilkenny is not lame. What do you think spikeprint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hmmmm maybe get another dunnes in, It saddens me that have have to walk 2 minutes to get to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

a proper jobs strategy which doesn't involve working in a bar, hotel, restaurant or dunnes stores!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Bring back the late closing times and then stagger 'em a bit and make them later again. Bring back the Woodstock Festival in Inistioge. Bring back the Source Festival in Nowlan Park. Bring back night time Paddy's Day parades. Bring back gigs on the Parade. Bring back Malcolm Noonan as Mayor. Bring back the Cat Laughs when it used to have proper headline acts and wasn't an excuse for drunk **** comedians to no show gigs that cost a stupid amount of money. Bring back the grass in front of the Courthouse. Bring back Dignity for the gay folk and The Witness Box for the trad heads. Generally bring back any sort of life or buzz to Parliament Street.

Other than all those things to bring back, an arts centre, skatepark, a college and a lack of junkies would do me just fine. Not me personally, I don't skate or go to college or art but they'd be good for the city. And christ, I hate the new junkie explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Extortionate pub prices are raping our pub scene.

It's their own stupid fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

3rd level inst

ft9 wrote: »
    3rd level inst

I have heard that Kilkenny was offer CIT or the health board, and opted for the health board. An influx of youth would transform Kilkenny. We need younger people running things.

I also heard that John Cleere left the tourism board, for their antiquated views. We need to real idea's to liven up this town.

The junkies of this town, walking around, talking ****, drinking cups of take away coffee. Could we not make roads out of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

The junkies of this town, walking around, talking ****, drinking cups of take away coffee. Could we not make roads out of them?

Its tea with valium in it believe it or not!

• Advertisement

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Its tea with valium in it believe it or not!

Really? Because that would make perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Used to go to school with a guy who's one of these junkies now, I asked him about it one day and thats what he told me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yup it's a well known thing that junkies put stuff in the coffe/tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

To have the legal right to shoot junkies!

Jesus, there was me thinking they did it to be cool. I know some of them from work, retards the lot of them, talking **** all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Extortionate pub prices are raping our pub scene.

It's their own stupid fault.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

+1

u would think so, but i paid €6 for a pint last nite in dublin and the place was jammers! what is the dearest pint in kk anyhows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I had a pint of smithwicks for about €3.80ish last night down Parliament street.
    I was shocked I tell you, it might actually make me start going out to the pub again!

Mind you the deals in Lidl at the moment for Leffe and Hoegaarden are hard to beat, €5 for four packs!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

catbear wrote: »
    I had a pint of smithwicks for about €3.80ish last night down Parliament street.
    I was shocked I tell you, it might actually make me start going out to the pub again!

I also love Reidys :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I think Reidys was closed last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

I'm trying my best

This being the latest thing to try and get something positive and fun going on in the town that everyone can be a part of.

Advertisement