Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Ballytruckle road entrance from Inner Relief Road walled off

• 21-07-2010 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I see the Corpo have reacted to complaints about anti-social behaviour from residents on the lower part of the Ballytruckle road (old cul-de-sac bit) by sticking up a grim breeze-block "peace wall" . Hopefully they'll render and paint it. Looks terrible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

mike65 wrote: »
    I see the Corpo have reacted to complaints about anti-social behaviour from residents on the lower part of the Ballytruckle road (old cul-de-sac bit) by sticking up a grim breeze-block "peace wall" . Hopefully they'll render and paint it. Looks terrible.

and not before time either , the residents in that area have been terrorised by anti-social behaviour , damaged cars , houses , urinating in letter boxes , smashed windows , late night drunken fools roaring and shouting , and they got it probably 5 nights a week if you include student nights also.

the residents in that area are predominantly elderly and dont need that kinda sh1te in their older years.

i used to live in that area and have witnessed it first hand a few times ,

had the electric wing mirror kicked off my car there about 2 yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spikadelica

They are waiting for the mortar to dry as they only started job a couple of days ago... even the corpo need time for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

It looks a bit better today, id say they will paint it next.

I can only imagine the crap those people had to put up with, sounds terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

I think the location of the pedestrian crossing is now made partially redundant and the whole design of the junction should now be re-visited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

well it still gets you across the road, you just have to walk up the hill to get where you were going instead of through the walkway, so i wouldnt say it is useless altogether now. Its still needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

With the Ursuline school being where it is the current crossing still makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Yes the school is there but the shortest crossing route is a diagonal and all the barriers are still not going to stop crossing the road at the Pearse Park side and the inner ring road between the junction and the roundabout.
    Secondly the cul de sac acted as an overflow parking area when the road around the Ursuline in Pearse Park couldn't handle the volume of people dropping or collecting.
    Basically by point is the whole dynamics of the junction has been altered and if the Corpoartion was really serious about road safety they should re-assess the whole junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rendering it this morning as I past.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Bloody nuisance of a wall! Take it down!

Advertisement