Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Sim 2004 Disc 4 Broke

Options
  • 21-07-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hey, was installing FS2004 onto my new laptop when it became stuck on 81% when installing off disc 4, anyone know is there anything i can do besides having to go out and buy the game new again!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Legally your only option is to buy another set of disks. If you could get a working copy of disk 4 it'd be possible to copy it, but that's against the EULA too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Rang Game and Gamestop there, and neither have it in stock! Anyone know where I could get without having to waiting patiently on Ebay!??

Anyone know where I can buy FS2004 in South Dublin!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

SRFC90,
    Just out of interest what state is the disk in, or in your opinion is the fault with the disk? If the disk still in good condition, I would have a look trying to reinstall it, but firstly cleaning out the C:\Documents and Settings\*****USER NAME***\Local Settings\Temp and or C:\WINDOWS\Temp directories. Then again, if the disk is scratched to death, I suppose you might ( and its a long shot)see Microsoft might be able and see if you can acquire a copy of Disk 4.

Skyknight wrote: »
    SRFC90,
    Just out of interest what state is the disk in, or in your opinion is the fault with the disk? If the disk still in good condition, I would have a look trying to reinstall it, but firstly cleaning out the C:\Documents and Settings\*****USER NAME***\Local Settings\Temp and or C:\WINDOWS\Temp directories. Then again, if the disk is scratched to death, I suppose you might ( and its a long shot)see Microsoft might be able and see if you can acquire a copy of Disk 4.

Thanks for the help,

It pretty scratched man. But it worked fine when I ran it on my old laptop. Just seems now when it comes to re-installing it onto this new laptop, it's not up to scratch (sorry :P) .ie, good enough to start up the game, but not in good enough condition to install the game.

Anyone know where I can buy a new copy besides ebay!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Dunno about a new copy...but you might be able to pick one up second hand if you advertise on Adverts.ie?

Its grand. Just bought a new one on Ebay for £12!

Advertisement