Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clontarf spill - this morning

• 21-07-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Did anyone witness the accident between two cyclists this morning? One was taken away by ambulance but I hear from the other she was just shaken and badly bruised.

Begs the question: does the junction on the cycle track at Clontarf Rd and Alfie Byrne Rd (the junction close to the traffic lights on the Clontarf Rd) need to be outlined better? I often experience cyclists coming from Fairview direction entering the path and it's bit of a free for all.

Also, I think there may have been some commute-racing going on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I go there everyday. Assuming I am thinking of the exact same spot, one would need to be blind and/or extremely careless to be in a crash there. Since we know that many people satisfy that clause, it doesn't surprise me that there was an incident, but I think it is fine as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Apart from the grass cuttings that get left strewn to rot across the path at this time of year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It's also getting full of stones where they are putting in that motocross track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wow, that's nasty. I always follow the opinion (may have been El Tonto's) that if you are going fast enough on a cycle path to cause that kind of damage you should be on the road.

I've had some idiots appear on one way cycle paths that might have resulted in a fall.

Advertisement