If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Dock

Options
  • 21-07-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Any decent circa €100 ipod docks to go along with the brilliant q acoustic speakers I got off you guys in Belfast. I need something with a tv display and to go into a yamaha amp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Iseethelight

I do have the very decent DLA99901/10 instock
    check it out here -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dla99901_10/dla99901_10_pss_eng.pdf

This unit seem to tick your requirments perfectly.

It can plug directly into your TV via HDMI and upscale any video content to 1080i

Or you could feed it to your amp via HDMI and loop it on through from the amp to the TV taking advantage of digital audio from the dock.

This dock also has standard Phono Analogue outs and a Optical Digital out so you'll have plenty of connection options.

We sell it for €99.99 but if you'd like on its yours for only €66.99!!

How does that sound??

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Hi Ash
    Thanks for the quick reply. I can't seem to find out much about these on the net so can I ask if you used one and do they load up quick. it seems they can be a bit slow to start up. I may pop in tomorrow morning and collect one if your experiences with them are positive.
    Thanks again

Hi there

They are very cool, and the onscreen menu system and navigation are 2nd to none plus the fact it comes with an RF remote control makes for very slick operation - no more squinting it your ipods screen from across the room.

However it can take up to 60/90 seconds to read all the contents on your iPod when first docked.

Not so much a problem if you tend to leave the iPod docked to it 90% of the time and once all the content has been access it very fast operationally.

Most importantly, it sounds excellent when played through a good HiFi:)

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

That sounds great I'll pop in tomorrow or sat morning.
    Thanks for the help

Cool no worries

I wont be here myself but I'll have one reserved for you in the my office under your Boards name.
    Copuld you pm me your name and phone number so I can reserve it for you?

Please ask for Fergal and he'll look after you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Hi Ash,
    hope you don't mind me jumping on here...

Just had a look at this unit online, nice piece of kit.

I bought a Pioneer DCS580 home cinema from you guys last year, plus a good quality lead to take my Ipod touch.Very happy with the Pioneer, but unfortunately I can't get a usable volume from the Ipod through it, even with both units cranked to the max.

Can I assume;

you can do me the price as above?
    It wouldn't cost much to ship to galway?
    It'll give me the volume I'm not getting by direct Ipod connection?

I'm already assuming it'll work nicely with the Philips FPL5604 telly you also sold me last year!

Don't put one aside for me just yet, as I'm about to bugger off for (at least) a few days, but i will check back with you.

cheers

Hi Big b

Yep I can do one of these for you at this price no problem.
    Postage will be €9.99

It will happily plug into your PFL56 TV via HDMI (HDMI cable optional - from €19.99) and will plug into your amp via either optical, analogue phono or HDMI - depending on your amp's capabilities

I have a few left at the moment.
    If you'd like one let me know and I'll set one aside for you

Have a good few days away

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LightStar

Hi Ashley

How does the USB connection work on the dock? Can you use it like a media player?

Also does it work with an Iphone 3gs?

thanks

LS

Hi Lightstar

Interestingly enough the instructions make no mention of the USB port other than saying it has one!

I'll plug a USB mp3 player into ours and report back

cheers
    Ash

Hi once more

OK, when i popped my Iphone onto the DLA99901 it said "its not compatible" on its screen but it happily work away regardless so no worries there, I could see all my music and playlists no problem.
    Just pop the phone in Airplane Mode.

As for the USB it appears that its to be used for firmware updates only - it didnt see either of the mp3 players I plugged into it's USB port.

Hope that's of some help

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 LightStar

Thanks Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Guys

Do you have any of these left at the boardie price above?

I'd be looking to pick this up from Dame St on Monday afternoon.

Regards

Austin

Hi Austin1

Yep I have one for you at €66.99

I'll reserve one up for you. Can you pm me your name?

I'll be off Monday but ask for Nicola and she will look after you.

thanks for the order:)

cheers
    Ash

dont worry re the pm

I see you have bought a few tpys from us before:)

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.