Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

openstreetmap data on garmin nuvi 250w?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I use openstreetmap data on my garmin gpsmap60csx and it works very well. My dad has a nuvi 250w with garmin europe 2008 on it. Is it possible to safely use openstreetmap maps on it without wiping the original garmin maps from it? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does the unit have a memory card slot?
    If so add the maps to a memory card & see if the map is selectable from the device menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

koolkid wrote: »
    Does the unit have a memory card slot?
    If so add the maps to a memory card & see if the map is selectable from the device menu.

I tried it there earlier on and the OSM maps load up OK, addresses don't work but at least some of the newer roads are showing up. I was indoors at the time so tried some simulated routes and they worked OK. I'll try it out for real in the coming days. Many thanks!

Advertisement