Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic today!?!

Options
  • 21-07-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Since when does it take 3 hours and 15 minutes to get from Moycullen to Oran, drop off a stupid key and back again?! Have lost about 3lbs from sweating, apologies, glowing in the car. What happened?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They dug up a perfectly alright carriageway to resurface it outside Dunnes Headford road while ignoring crap carriageways elsewhere. They gave no advance warning they were doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Rain.........

Drivers in Galway see a bit of rain and drive like they were in a funeral procession.. I understand you have to adjust driving to suit weather conditions but sometimes it's just bloody ridiculous:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ya it was crazy, was on the headford road roundabout( the one with the lights) and people were breaking red lights all sides, stupid cnuts. It was causing havoc as it was stopping cars entering the roundabout and backing up every entrance, also the resurfacing didnt help on the dun na coiribe slip road, oh and the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Almost 2 hours from lower salthill to ballybane... If I had know it would be that long I would have parked up but I kept hoping it was temporary delay.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Almost 2 hours from lower salthill to ballybane... If I had know it would be that long I would have parked up but I kept hoping it was temporary delay.. :(

Jaysus, that's just nuts:eek:

• Advertisement

It seems that every year coming up to the races the council decide to do some resurfacing in the city.

Anyone remeber when they decicded to resurface the whole of the quincentenial during race week. :eek:

Now thats genius!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They dug up the dualler outside the raceourse last week, nothing wrong with it that I noticed .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They dug up the dualler outside the raceourse last week, nothing wrong with it that I noticed .
    I'll defend that move, there was a couple of potholes that they have been patching up all year, finally decided to fix it properly for the races.

Any major roadworks in the city should be done after 9pm, but that wouldn't be the Irish way of doing things!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Any major roadworks in the city should be done after 9pm, but that wouldn't be the Irish way of doing things!

While that would be the right way for traffic it would also increase the costs of fixing roads. All this would do is leave even more roads needing attention and nothing ever being done with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Traffic causes delays which costs the economy money so I doubt there would be that much of a difference and with all the trucks people out of work surly they can find people to work after 9 in the evening.
    They would also get a lot more done as traffic wouldnt effect the delivery of the tar etc, which would also save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Was supposed to drop something over to Oranmore this afternoon but I decided against because I was in NUIG and could see that the traffic backed the whole way across the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Lads/Ladettes,

What are you all complaining about.

Soon you'll be able to take O'Bollicky's cycle track the whole way from Silver Strand to Oranmore. Traffic jams will then miraculously disappear :rolleyes:

It looked like they were starting something on the Tuam Road outside the Renault garage this morning.

Also they threw some tarmac into the pothole on the Sean Mulvoy entrance to the Bohermore roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Is it just me or has there been road works around the city the week before the races for the last 4 years?...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sure it's to prettify the place for the urbanite cityslickers who grace our presence every year for the races..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

talking about slickers, I hope they caught the bollixes who spilled their diesel/oil on the roads out West yesterday morning. That added extra slidey fun to the already pretty nasty roads...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Somehow I think that residents of the areas concerned might disagree.

JustMary wrote: »
    Somehow I think that residents of the areas concerned might disagree.
    It happens sometimes - the road through Claregalway was being dug up about 10 years ago and they worked from 10pm to 6am or something like that.

It was annoying.

Advertisement