Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in eating habits

Options
  • 21-07-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I went on holiday 2 weeks ago for 10 days. While I was away, the dog stayed at "Hotel Mammy". Its not the first time he's stayed there and he's always been fine. Crys a bit on the first night but then settles down.

Anyway, when I picked him up last Friday there was a bit of food left in his bowl. This never happens. He always eats all his food in one go. Since we've been home he's only eating about 3/4 of his food and then leaving it for a few hours and then going back to it.

I'm not that worried about it cause he is eating and he's still full of energy and is generally in good form, I just wondering if anyone has any ideas why he might change his habits, and is it anything for me to be concerned about?

FYI: He was out in a thunder storm on Thursday night which I think was his first experience of thunder. Perhaps that stressed him out a bit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

shameless bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Difficult to say why but it could have been the thunder storm.

But I wouldn't worry too much if hes still eating most of the food, plus seems to be in good from as you said.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Maybe got a bit spoilt by mammy and is waiting to see if he is going to get the same now he's home? I know this happens when mine goes to mammy for a few days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

How old is the dog??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

cjf wrote: »
    How old is the dog??

He's 7.

Good news. Today (almost a week later) he ate all the dinner in one sitting.
    Thank you for the replies folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement