Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

killarney break

Options
  • 21-07-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

just looking for views on the fossa campsite outside killarney,am going there soon with oh and two kids ages 10 and 4...any tips on places to see/visit and where to get some dinner and see hurling in family friendly bar restraunt this sunday....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

I have never stayed there but it always looks nice. Plenty of things to do in Killarney take the waterbus out on the lakes, there is a good pet farm on the cork road called Kennedys and it is always popular with kids. There is another park with lots of wild animals on show called coolwood and it is also on the Cork road. Mucross house is lovely to walk or cycle around and you could visit the farms there also and the restaurant there has good food not over priced. There is a public play ground and also an indoor play place called Buddies. There would be lots of places to have swims in the hotels and if you ring around you will get prices for these. Most of the pubs will have the hurling on and plenty of places have good food like hannigans and close by the valley suites has bar food. Plenty to do in Killarney !

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

thanks for that weather also due to be good i think from friday so all going well should be nice break

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

You can go to Dingle from there 1 hr drive well worth it, view awesome. In regard to watching the hurling Tatler, or the Nugget 10 min walk from ur campsite. Ur in Kerry GAA everywhere and thank god for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

thanks for tips ...looking forward to coming down...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Coolwood park is excellent, I thought it was a great spot to visit when I was there. I'm 27 and loved the spot, they have loads to see! There is a good bit of walking involved though.

I also enjoyed Muckross house and Torc waterfall and the walk up and over the waterfall.

The drive to Dingle was excellent too even though it was lashing rain, the views are well worth it, although Dingle itself didn't have much to offer, we went to the Aquarium and it wasn't great at all but maybe ok to kill half an hour with the kids.

• Advertisement
Advertisement