Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 2 Tornado Road

Options
  • 21-07-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭

Just started now on RTE 2 "Tornado Road" about storm chasers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

yeah some great footage on it.
    best programme i've seen on chasing for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Tornado in Wexford yesterday - whats going on with our weather at all ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlsU5LfqIvA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlsU5LfqIvA

Tornadoes in Ireland are quite common. And that's not a tornado, it's funnel cloud :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

This is a funnel cloud it is not a tornado and is very common. Ireland gets about 40 touch downs annually but our storms usually do not have enough material to support a tornado on the ground.

Seen this series on Discovery Channel already, dare I say it, I think it is better than the recent Storm Chasers series ~ my previously favourite programme along with Deadliest Catch [naturally] ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 19VanD87

Was hoping to watch this now on rte player but its not there :( Ye and RIP Captain Phil very sad the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Saw tornado road last night, its crap! Storm Chasers on Discovery Science is way more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

IMC042 wrote: »
    Saw tornado road last night, its crap! Storm Chasers on Discovery Science is way more exciting.

New season of Storm Chasers starting on Discovery (US) next month. :)

New season of Storm Chasers starting on Discovery (US) next month. :)

Great! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yeah was crap last night.Some of their episodes are good.

• Advertisement

Dominating dominating dominating dominating dominating... It's gonna go nuts! :)

Dominating dominating dominating dominating dominating... It's gonna go nuts! :)

Yes, and worst, those bloody ads!

Did Sean Casey ever release that film he was making?

gbee wrote: »
    Did Sean Casey ever release that film he was making?

Its due for release in Spring 2011! And its ONLY going to be 40 mins long. He has been about ten years trying to intercept a tornado to make a measly 40 minute 3D documentary - Hmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Loved the last season of SC on discovery...the handbags between Sean Casey and Reed Timmer made for a great sideshow (even if it was contrived, although there didn't appear to be a lot of love lost), and the f*ck ups from the guys Casey had working his team were hilarious,
    although their meteorologists showed up the Vortex2 team in the season finale
    Even though I watched mainly for the storms, the characters kept it interesting....Casey will be missed in future seasons, unless they replace him with some other maverick.
    Re: his movie, most iMax movies top out at around that length AFAIK.

Wertz wrote: »
    Loved the last season of SC on discovery...the handbags between Sean Casey and Reed Timmer made for a great sideshow (even if it was contrived, although there didn't appear to be a lot of love lost), and the f*ck ups from the guys Casey had working his team were hilarious,
    although their meteorologists showed up the Vortex2 team in the season finale
    Even though I watched mainly for the storms, the characters kept it interesting....Casey will be missed in future seasons, unless they replace him with some other maverick.
    Re: his movie, most iMax movies top out at around that length AFAIK.

Casey was a dick to Reed in the last season, used to find him funny but lost some respect for him!

Bored? Watch Tyler Costantini and his buddy Jacob stream live with audio as they chase storms tonight near Wichita :pac:

http://www.severestudios.com/cgi-bin/player.pl?username=tyler.costantini&uid=157

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Bored? Watch Tyler Costantini and his buddy Jacob stream live with audio as they chase storms tonight near Wichita :pac:

http://www.severestudios.com/cgi-bin/player.pl?username=tyler.costantini&uid=157

If they stay on I 35 that cell will hit them full

http://www.ksn.com/content/weather/images/hdradar_loop.aspx

Casey was a dick to Reed in the last season, used to find him funny but lost some respect for him!

The TIV was chasing this year so I'm pretty sure Sean Casey will be in the new season.

Yeah i heard that too, i thought he got the shot!

Rotating wall cloud on that stream now according to Tyler.

• Advertisement

Yeah i heard that too, i thought he got the shot!

So did I, however, as a photographer, I'm not all that impressed with Sean Casey, we've seen him make a few fundamental errors in setting his equipment, either too early, too late, or set the wrong aperture.

So, maybe the shot he 'got' was not all that good, as I remember it was a sudden occurrence and I personally was dubious, mind you I was looking forward to seeing that shot, so far I have not.

AND with all the other chaser's material available and much of it with even better drama for less sensationalism I'm losing interest in Sean and his iMax and his TIVII's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Storm/Tornado? in New York yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaTvc2S2qZg

gbee wrote: »
    So did I, however, as a photographer, I'm not all that impressed with Sean Casey, we've seen him make a few fundamental errors in setting his equipment, either too early, too late, or set the wrong aperture.

So, maybe the shot he 'got' was not all that good, as I remember it was a sudden occurrence and I personally was dubious, mind you I was looking forward to seeing that shot, so far I have not.

AND with all the other chaser's material available and much of it with even better drama for less sensationalism I'm losing interest in Sean and his iMax and his TIVII's.

He should just give Reed and Joel his iMax camera and let them get the job done!

Advertisement