Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant pick up SATA drive

• 21-07-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

I have a MSI K9AGM3-FD (MS-7367) motherboard, and cant seem to get it to pick up SATA in Windows.

I had Windows XP SP3 up until yesterday and couldnt pick it up so stuck on Windows 7, and now still cant pick it up.

In Device manager in XP, there was an SM Bus controller showing not installed. "SM" standing for secondary master.

I should also point out here that in Device manager, it does show a second hard drive, and this is the SATA drive. It just wont show up as D: or whatever in My Computer.

Is there a driver i need to get or whats the deal here?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Did You try disk management? right click computer -->manage --> Disk management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You,ll need to go to disk management- format disk, use ntfs, is this a new sata drive, no data on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Did You try disk management? right click computer -->manage --> Disk management.

+1 right click on new drive and import and then perform format (chose drive letter also)

Advertisement