Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower problem

Options
  • 21-07-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi folks, my triton t90si started to make a funny noise and sometimes wouldnt start, so i opened it up and it looks like the brushes are on their last legs!! Im finding it really hard to find spare brushes, does anyone know where to get them. Also if worse comes to worse and i have to buy a new shower, will i need to replace it with a pumped shower?? Its tank fed and the tank is about 5 metres from the shower. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya like for like

i'd prefer the pumped for the 'constant pressure'

how much use?-haven't came across worn brushes on my travels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi folks, my triton t90si started to make a funny noise and sometimes wouldnt start, so i opened it up and it looks like the brushes are on their last legs!! Im finding it really hard to find spare brushes, does anyone know where to get them. Also if worse comes to worse and i have to buy a new shower, will i need to replace it with a pumped shower?? Its tank fed and the tank is about 5 metres from the shower. Thanks

Worn brushes are a common enough problem. You can buy spares direct from Eartridge in maynooth. They are actually the repair service for tritons but will sell you the parts.

If you decide to get them to repair it for you and are not happy with the quote you can also try pereka who is another repair agent.

Always buy like for like. ie pumped electric for pumped electric. You have the option of buying the triton t90 8.5 or 9.5 whichever you have. If you have a 9,5 you can also buy the mira elite 2 which is sim a very good shower.

The cheapest I know for T90 at the moment is actually woodies and for the mira elite B&Q but I am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

i have a broken triton t90si just took it out today(i think the element blew), bought a brand new one for 240 including vat. off PLM in Harold's cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 forureyesonly

Thanks for the replies guys, 5 people in the house average 1 shower each a day for the past 7 years...was bound to happen sooner or later! Anyway got the brushes in maynooth today and will fit them later, hopefully it works!! Thanks again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Any chance someone could enlighten me as to why they use brushed motors as opposed to single-phase induction motors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Red Alert wrote: »
    Any chance someone could enlighten me as to why they use brushed motors as opposed to single-phase induction motors?

I would imagine it comes down to cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 WoodaleDesigns

My Triton seems to be acting up also. When we were building the plumber said the newer versions had more pressure.. They Don't! I doubt there is an electric shower that will give you the pressure of a pump shower. Ours goes cold for long periods and then drops pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

My Triton seems to be acting up also.

What Model Triton do you have?

Advertisement