Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin Redux -24th July, 10am Dundrum

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Great spin guys, met a few new people and had lots of fun. Typical boards spin though, we were all over the place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

if I race, it's perfect

better start racing then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

better start racing then :P

That may come next year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Sounds like a fun trip. I slept it in, but managed 80k around Phoenix Park. I was bit rusty.....and gosh i forgot how nasty those gels taste! =O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Looks like everyone had fun today. I didn't get to make it. I'm just wondering is anyone interested in a spin tomorrow? Some distance like 50/60k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah good spin today. 63k for me. Relaxed pace, though it seemed to pick up every time we lost someone. I was still 50:50 about going out until I left at 9:45, it was worth it in the end. Avg. 22.9km/h, so quite slow. Was grand until Manor kilbride, bitch of a hill that. Had to collapse on the couch for 3 hours after; should have brought some food, that jelly baby at the top of manor kilbride was the best I've ever had :D

Maxed 70.6km/h coming down bohernabreena. Respectable enough given the weather, though I always scrub a bit too much speed coming into the corner at the top. Deceptively tight that corner.

Good to meet new people as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Good spin, my apologies apart to NoddingCylist for leading her up the slippery face of hell at Stepaside village.
    At the Sally Gap I um'd and err'd before deciding to seize the day (and the pass till 17:00) so went back to the Blessington side and noodled about trying to find the fabled Northwest passage to the Wicklow Gap.
    Sadly never appeared so ended up retracing my steps over the Sally Gap to Bray.
    From Bray a bit of a wonky route back to Fairview, my POS mileometer reset around Blackrock but estimate 130k, avg, I don't want to go there.

But as a test of the new saddle, success! Loads of hills, crappy road surfaces and 30k inner city to finish. My sit bones felt as if a panel beater was using a lump hammer on them, but the taintal area is gloriously untroubled.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

souter wrote: »
    trying to find the fabled Northwest passage to the Wicklow Gap.
    I suspect I was on this coming the other way today. Go through Blessington heading South, after 2km take the left for Valleymount. After passing through Valleymount the "main" road takes a sharp right, but for the alternative route to Wicklow Gap go straight ahead on the small road. There's a bit of climbing on not great surface, but then a really good rollercoaster descent the other side on narrow road but smooth. Brings you out quite a long way up the Wicklow Gap, and it's a really scenic road.
    I did Dundrum, Laragh, WW Gap, Valleymount, Blessington, Tallaght. 100.4km. A bit damp early on, but cleared up nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NoddingCyclist

@Souter, no worries.
    I am determind over the coming weeks to go back to that dang hill in Stepaside and make it up the whole thing next time.
    Thanks for hanging back with me on the ride.
    Had a fun time out yesterday guys, even though couldn't keep up with y'all.
    Gonna put plenty of work in the bike over next couple of weeks so can make sure to keep up with y'all the next time.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

LastGasp wrote: »
    I did Dundrum, Laragh, WW Gap, Valleymount, Blessington, Tallaght. 100.4km. A bit damp early on, but cleared up nicely.

Similar route the other direction; Rathafarnham, Sallygap, Blessington, Wicklow gap, Laragh, Enniskerry, Rathafarnham. 115k all in and a bit shattered afterwards. Nice bit of music going on by the lakes.

Advertisement