Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Kilkenny, 31st July. Volunteers needed.

Options
  • 21-07-2010 8:16pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    As some of you may know the Tour de Kilkenny is on Saturday the 31st July. It is run by Marble City Cyclers of which I'm a committee member. The cycling aspect of it is being discussed over in the cycling forum so I don't think I need to cover that aspect of it here. There are three routes 160km, 100km and 40km, which are open to all cyclists. All moneys made from the event go to Barrettstown, which is the charity of choice of our main sponsor Avonmore. Last year I think the sum raised was about €3,000 and about 200 cyclists entered including former Irish Road Racing Champion and winner of stages in both the Tour de France and Vuelta a Espana, Martin Earley.

This year we are expecting quite a few more to turn up due to the success of last years event and the increased interest in cycling. We really hope that this years event goes a great as last years but to make this possible we need more volunteers. If anyone can help us out, we would be very grateful. Please let me know if you can help. I myself will be cylcing the 160km in my yellow jersey which €200 has been given to the Susie Long Hospice for me to do so :) I'll also probably be wearing boards.ie shorts which I'm expecting to receive in the next week :cool:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Last year I think the sum raised was about €3,000

Just to clarify, just over €5,500 was raised. As Capt H said, all funds raised are donated to Barretstown but as we know, the recession are hitting the charities hard, so it would be great if you could volunteer to help us out on the day and to give the visitors a good day/weekend out in Kilkenny.

Advertisement