Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Summer schools

Options
  • 21-07-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Missed the Willie Clancy week as I was away. My son plays trad music and I would love to take him to something similar. Are there any other Summer schools like this one around this year :rolleyes::o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Scoil Éigse takes place the week before Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann, 15th-20th August in Cavan.

You can find out more about it here - Scoil Éigse

They have some fantastic teachers and the classes are great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

Scoil Acla in the Achill Islands is a particularly good one. Its coming up soon - July 26 to August 1st 2010.

Also in Mayo Ceol na Locha (9 - 13 August 2010) in Tourmakeady - smaller than most summer schools but a really nice one nonetheless.

My favourite though is the Joe Mooney Summer School in Drumshanbo but you've just missed that one. One to remember for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I hope folk dont' mind me taking this thread on a tiny tangent, but, I play the uekele and was wondering are there any uke lessons for trad music at any summer schools, or is it just too soon? :o

Advertisement