Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco meal for two deal has gone up by 20% overnight.

Options
  • 21-07-2010 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was shocked to find the Tesco meal for two including bottle of table wine has gone from e10 to e12 over night. :mad:

103bx9t.jpg

I was fond of these meals at first but soon after just got sick of the same stuff all the time and got less of them.

For e12 they would want to liven it up a bit.

Marks and Spensors do the same deal for e12 but the quality of everything is much more up market, looks like I will be going there instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I've looked at that tesco deal many times - I picked up the various options - but never have I bought it becuase I never found the choices appetising.
    Its £9 in UK, so I suppose it had to move back up at some stage as its obviously a loss leader.

As for the M&S deal - when I hear its on, I drop by an M&S and usually buy 2 deals cos I can't decide on which one to choose due to the far superior choice they offer. - and far better tasting wines too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

91011 wrote: »
    I've looked at that tesco deal many times - I picked up the various options - but never have I bought it becuase I never found the choices appetising.
    Its £9 in UK, so I suppose it had to move back up at some stage as its obviously a loss leader.

As for the M&S deal - when I hear its on, I drop by an M&S and usually buy 2 deals cos I can't decide on which one to choose due to the far superior choice they offer. - and far better tasting wines too.

I would also purchase spuds and extra vedge with these meals to pad them up a bit. M&S is only a 100 yards away from my local Tesco so its handy to keep an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was shocked to find the Tesco meal for two including bottle of table wine has gone from e10 to e12 over night.
    That is incredibly shocking, this overnight business has to stop, why can they not do what other supermarkets do and increase it over a 6month period and have clear notification of any other increases they are planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I was shocked to find the Tesco meal for two including bottle of table wine has gone from e10 to e12 over night. :mad:

103bx9t.jpg

I was fond of these meals at first but soon after just got sick of the same stuff all the time and got less of them.

For e12 they would want to liven it up a bit.

Marks and Spensors do the same deal for e12 but the quality of everything is much more up market, looks like I will be going there instead.

Buy some fruit and veg and make a proper meal for yerself ;)

The prepackaged rubbish is awful.

Buy some fruit and veg and make a proper meal for yerself ;)

The prepackaged rubbish is awful.
    Already have, e12 would now go a long way towards making a pot of Spaghetti Bolognas that could last a few days plus a bottle of wine or a couple of beers. Lidl here we go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lidl here we go. :)
    10% off everything in lidl today.

rubadub wrote: »
    10% off everything in lidl today.
    I just did my shopping there yesterday. :mad:

Advertisement