Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have succumbed...

Options
  • 21-07-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

... to long ears and droopy eyes...

Please welcome the new member of the permanent EGAR pack, Phoebe the Basset:

35385_139106412780162_100000424117521_306916_140960_n.jpg

34613_139339646090172_100000424117521_308276_6256492_n.jpg

Phoebe is a rescue from Cork (many thanks Izzy for driving her all the way up!) and was in need of a home. I fell in love immediately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Aw, what a lovely dog. I wish you and Phoebe many happy years together, EGAR.

Cool doggy. How many do you have now? You should start a blog with all your updates. I've enjoyed ready your bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Six own :). Phoebe is 4 yro and I don't do pups :D. Tomorrow she will meet the rest of the gang (she already met some of the cats and THEY weren't impressed). I am curious to see what this city slicker will think of the horses and Fritzie the calf.

She ran into Elvis the rooster shortly after arriving here and after a short stand off she decided that she'd better retreat from this odd looking thing.

My other dogs are used to dogs coming and going so they pass no remarks to her being in the house. They will be in for a surprise tomorrow ;) - meeting her will mean to them that she is staying :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

She's gorgeous EGAR, and looks huge with your young fella.
    I love bassets, they are so funny, my neighbours have one and when he runs fast(ears flapping, jowls wobbling), its the funniest thing I ever saw!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Aw Egar, your heart must be massive. Phoebe looks delish! A neighbour of ours had a basset and he spent more time in our house being spoiled by me...you're a saint Egar and I would presume someone tells you that every day of the week xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Ah yes...another victim has succumbed.... :D
    Welcome to being wrapped around her giant paw..........to crumbling under the big brown droopy-eared gaze of fake contrition EVERY TIME no matter how mad you are that he's just chewed your favourite sandals / table leg / tv aerial..........to looking like an idiot as your dog flatly refuses to move from someone’s front garden for 10 minutes because you disagree on the appropriate path the walk should take..........to carrying the 20kg lug down the stairs 5 times a day when he sneaks up there to stretch out on the Egyptian cotton pillows of "his" king-sized bed that happens to be inconveniently placed in your room (and you just know he's thinking "really my good woman why couldn't you just put in the kitchen so we don't have to do this every time")..........to getting woken from your Sunday morning lie-in (with your OH busting a gut at the door) by a cold nose in your ear followed by a buffeting of basset ears as he tries to burrow under the duvet and lick you at the same time..........to having him attempt at all costs to squeeze into a space on the couch beside you that a Chihuahua would think twice about, and if at first he doesn't succeed he breaks out "the Look" until you again crumble and haul him up on to your lap..........to laugh every time he runs because he looks like Dumbo trying to take off with the ears and all the skin flapping like mad....

Bassets - the snuggliest, most ridiculously cute looking, stubborn as mules, loudest dogs with big personality :D
    You can tell he used his Jedi mind-trick powers on me long ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hehe, I've already got the wire-haired, long-legged version of a Basset, so I am well used to THE LOOK. The Otterhounds try to pull the same stunts!

Phoebe met The Banshee this morning (tiny kitten with a LOUD voice). She was wagging her tail while the furball spit at her *g*.

Night passed without an incident, she slept soundly on the couch and had no inclination to go for a piddle. I felt like a right muppet lumping the big beast from the couch :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

She is gorgeous EGAR - congratulations!! :D

Advertisement