Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to prune 1 tall tree

Options
  • 21-07-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can hire an telescopic\long pruning tool in the west dublin area? Tree is about 25ft tall. I've managed to do all the lower branches so now it looks completely top heavy.

HSS hire have some but they are expensive to hire and i'd only need it for an hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Hi

don't know where else to hire them, but I have found ringing HSS can sometimes get prices nearly half the online prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kwacker84

You could always hire someone to do it at a similar price!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

B&Q and Woodies have them - 35 euro and 25 euro. These are not motorised. The arm extends to about 2.5 meters. For that price it might be worth a punt?
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=telescopic+prune

It has a lopper on it too. Was thinking of getting one so let me know how you go if you get one.

Advertisement