Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs n clubs in Cork

Options
  • 21-07-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Me and my friend are hitting cork city this sat night for a session. We are not familiar with cork city and are wondering the best spots to go. We like dancing all night, so anything r'n'b e.t.c. But nowhere that has all teenyboppers we are 26.

Just good places, with good atmosphere's and good music please, any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Havanas for the club on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Me and my friend are hitting cork city this sat night for a session. We are not familiar with cork city and are wondering the best spots to go. We like dancing all night, so anything r'n'b e.t.c. But nowhere that has all teenyboppers we are 26.

Just good places, with good atmosphere's and good music please, any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!

dont bother, its sh**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bitz n Pieces

Ah sure look every place seems **** when you live there. It's a change for us, and a lot of people on FB have said Havana's so looks like that's out spot. How much is it to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

From a bar point of view I would say, Soho for food and drink, Long island for cocktails. raven or roundy for chilling out!
    and for nightclubs I would say if you want to dance check out the new club "society" on oliver plunket street or the cattle mart that is havana browns(but everyone loves havanas so it might just be me)

All those place are around washinton street area.

From a bar point of view I would say, Soho for food and drink, Long island for cocktails. raven or roundy for chilling out!
    and for nightclubs I would say if you want to dance check out the new club "society" on oliver plunket street or the cattle mart that is havana browns(but everyone loves havanas so it might just be me)

where abouts is society? hopefully its over 21s or 23s???

• Advertisement

Also society just open last weekend but not everyone will of heard of it yet!
    Its actaully the DJ's from havanas but playing what they want which is alot more good music and less chart,gotta say i was impressed with what they were playing last week when i popped in

stevexo wrote: »
    where abouts is society? hopefully its over 21s or 23s???

its 23's i think,its where the Qube used to be

its 23's i think,its where the Qube used to be
    ...where was the cube? directions boy!

Oliver Plunkett Street, same building as Gorbys, few doors down from the Brog, across the road from the Grafton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Crane Lane used to be muck but its a bit better now.

The Oval is pretty cool. Good electic mix of music. Quite small though.

Was in The Bodega recently and it wasn't too bad.

DO NOT GO TO: The Bailey, Reardons or Cubins. They are rubbish.

Oh and go to the Hi-B

• Advertisement

DO NOT GO TO: The Bailey, Reardons or Cubins. They are rubbish.
    thats a bit rough there, nothing wrong with bailey. good music, reasonable prices, good drink, not jammers, lots of variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

stevexo wrote: »
    thats a bit rough there, nothing wrong with bailey. good music, reasonable prices, good drink, not jammers, lots of variety.

Ah I just cant stand the place myself. Dunno if its the crowd or the music or what but never enjoyed myself when I went.

I think everyone has a club/pub that they hate.

Advertisement