Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forms needed to get dole

• 21-07-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys...
    I was onto 2 different people today about the forms required to collect the dole today. Do i need a P45 or not?

1. UP1 Form
    2. Passport
    3. P60 from 2008 - which i have
    4. PPS number

Is there anything else i need?
    I cant seem to find my P45 from any of the years. I'll look again. Is it needed?
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

One which i'll ask at the office tomorrow too.

Why can't full time students, who have paid 5+ years of Tax, and are receiving no grants or anything from the state to help with their studies, and paying massive fee's to do a course, not claim the dole when they need it most, ie during the academic year?

Yet as soon as they finish exams, they can then claim the dole, if of course they meet all requirements and cannot find work incl having done 5+ interviews for summer work but nothing happening.

How is a student any different to a non-working person in this regard?
    Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

As a full time student you are not Unemployed and not actively seeking full time employment therefore not entitled to collect Job-seekers. That is why they have maintenance grant to help you during term time for basic living costs. There is nothing to stop you getting a part time job 20hrs a weeks and earn the same amount as JSA. It is your choice to attend college and further your education, why would you expect the state to pay for it?

I dont, i was just wondering.

What would you think of where your PRSI Tax over the years had gone to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

You can claim it back when you are 72 and retire.
    Me I'm putting it under the mattress as I cannot afford to prop up any more banks. :p Your tax dollars at work !

Ha ha!
    Unfortunately, there was no option of a mattress when the cash had already gone before the paycheck came.

If it was optional,I think id be buying many mattresses! I dont suppose it matters but I vehemently disagree with this banking bailout.
    If the options are
    1 - let the banks go to the wall and lose our credibility to lenders but keep approx 30billion maybe more
    or
    2 - Burn 30billion to retain debatable international approval.
    well i know what option i'd be taking.

• Advertisement

Just to get back onto the forms again.
    Does anyone know if i need a P45 to claim the dole or will a P60 do?
    If i need a P45, can i get this online?

Thanks
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Where to get a P45

If you were previously working your last employer will have your P45. you ask them for it.

If you have not previously been working, then you seek a P45 from your local Revenue office.

To the best of my knowledge, P45s are filled out by hand and cannot be downloaded

Bring your P60, better to have something you don't need than to need something you don't have.

Your PPS number should be on both your P60 and P45. you will need to bring your card with you nonetheless.

If you are stuck for money while you are going through the whole process, you should get in touch with your local HSE community Welfare Office and ask about Supplimentary Welfare Allowance.

Advertisement