Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What do you think I should do?

• 21-07-2010 9:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Right so, have got a xbox 120gb elite that ive had for about 2 years now. I haven't been on xbox live gold in about a year properly, apart from trials as I use wireless here and the xbox elite isn't wireless as you know, and find using the cable from my laptop a pain as its wasting a lot of electricity and often goes into sleep mode, thus signing me out mid game :rolleyes:

I see in game stop they have the wireless adapter for €30 pre-owned but have the new black adapter for €50 new. Whats the difference and is it worth the extra €20? Is €30 even a good price for an adapter for the xbox? Is it cheaper online somewhere?

Or any cheaper alternatives for me like 3rd party wireless adapters?

Or should I just trade in my xbox elite and buy the new xbox 250 gb slim since that has wireless built in, more reliable (or am I wrong there? :eek:), bigger hard drive, new warranty etc. Or is it worth it?

How much would I have to pay extra to get the new xbox if I traded in my old elite? Any good deals around for it?

Any help welcome cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's a buyers market not for wireless adapters now that the new slim xbox has wireless built in , pay no more than €30 for a used one . the old one will serve you fine, unless your wireless network supports the faster N standard, In which case the new one is worth the extra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Yeah doubt ill ever get faster broadband or update my modem because of where I live :rolleyes: so the normal adapter should be fine then.

Still thinking about getting the new xbox though because my xbox is completely out of warrenty, including RROD in a few months (around october) so it could be worth investing in that, but im not sure if the new xbox is even that much more reliable anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah doubt ill ever get faster broadband or update my modem because of where I live :rolleyes: so the normal adapter should be fine then.

Still thinking about getting the new xbox though because my xbox is completely out of warrenty, including RROD in a few months (around october) so it could be worth investing in that, but im not sure if the new xbox is even that much more reliable anyways.

I'd hold out at least until xmas as there will surely be a deal that includes the Kinect thing with the slim xbox

Advertisement