Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2010

Options
  • 21-07-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

gamescom_header_1~1.jpg
    Yes, it's that time again, the build-up to Cologne's huge Gaming Convention of super-packed public days.

Press Day: Wednesday 18th August
    Public Days:
    Thursday, 19th / 10:00 - 20:00
    Friday, 20th / 10:00 - 20:00
    Saturday, 21st / 09:00 - 20:00
    Sunday, 22nd / 09:00 - 18:00

Are people going?
    Just booked my tickets for everything there :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

How much was it to book?

No real announcements at it but it's the nearest/biggest games convention to us. I'm sure the atmosphere would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was tempted to go, but my friends either didnt have the money/ were busy/ just plain suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

rizzla wrote: »
    How much was it to book?

No real announcements at it but it's the nearest/biggest games convention to us. I'm sure the atmosphere would be great.
    Tickets in are €10 per day, €29 for all weekend.
    Or do you mean the entire trip?

Tickets in are €10 per day, €29 for all weekend.
    Or do you mean the entire trip?

Whole trip, just curious is all. You don't need to answer it.

€430 for Flights, Accommodation & Tickets in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

€430 for Flights, Accommodation & Tickets in.

Wow not bad, now if only i didn't have to to pay college fees id be on the first plane over:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not going

e3 was horrible enough to do me for one year

I managed to work €280, could be missing somethings though.

€130 for flights (Aer lingus to Dusseldorf, could be extra charges I am not thinking of)
    €16.50 or so for train to and back from Koln
    €29 season ticket for the show itself, think it covers all 4 days
    €60-80 for accomodation, renting a self catering about 20 minutes walk to the show, based on 3-4 people sharing
    Plus a few extra quid for nom-noms, booze and such

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im all booked up got flights from Dublin to Cologne 240 return with German wings, Looked at Dussledorf and Frankfurt but the times didnt suit i arrived too late on tuesday to make the press conferences the day before it starts.

Hotel is 340 for 4 nights. Its right on the Purple underground line which stops at the event centre. Underground ticket for a week is about 20 euro.

I have my press passes sorted so i get in for free and a day earlier !!

Line up for me is looking like this

Sony press confernce Tuesday night, Micorsofts if i can change my flight as its tuesday morning. EA's is on Tuesday at 4 i land at 3 15 so its a mad dash to get their and get registered before 4, fingers crossed no delays and ill be able to make it.

Wens: Game time/ Interview with developers of
    The fight (move game) Sony
    GT5
    Infamous 2
    Killzone 3
    Red faction
    Homefront

Thursday game time/ Interviews with developers for
    Little big planet 2
    Microvolts
    Sony 3D gaming 1 to 1 interview
    Invite to Nintendos booth as they are not having a press conference this year.

Friday :

Free in the morning
    Ubisoft interviews in the afternoon
    Ass. Creed 2
    RUSE
    I am alive
    Tom Clancy Hawx 2
    And what ever else i can organise during the week but i want some free time to look around on my own.

Then fly home sat morning before the weekend madness starts.

Shameless plug :D stay tuned to www.Bone-idle.ie for live reports from the event from the night of the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm hoping to go, Flights have gone up a lot in the past few days though. I'd love to go for all 4 days but i'll only be able to go for 2. I doubt there'll be much difference in the content anyway.
    I have my press passes sorted so i get in for free and a day earlier !!
    Press pass? Lucky you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Hey lads,

Gamescom starts next week so I just thought I'd post up the conference times for those interested.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/327-gamescom-2010-press-conference-times-info.html

How much was it to book?

Yeah I know what I'm talking about :rolleyes: A good few first reveals and announcements planned for this. Wish I was going now.

Hey Grumpy I got a press pass too. Just got my invites for the microsoft press conference and 'Play Day' today as well. You fancy meeting up at all? Even if we are rivals. :D

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Hey Grumpy I got a press pass too. Just got my invites for the microsoft press conference and 'Play Day' today as well. You fancy meeting up at all? Even if we are rivals. :D

Yea im travelling alone so im all up for meeting up. Going to try meet the gamer expo guys over there too on the friday.

Im flying on the Tuesday at 12 so ill miss microsoft and EA but ill make the Sony press conference. Ive interviews all day Wens and Thursday but hope to keep friday free (bar star wars at 2 on Friday) to visit Ubisoft and Nintendo's booths and just have a general look about the place.

Where you staying im near the main train station in cologne.

Yea im travelling alone so im all up for meeting up. Going to try meet the gamer expo guys over there too on the friday.

Im flying on the Tuesday at 12 so ill miss microsoft and EA but ill make the Sony press conference. Ive interviews all day Wens and Thursday but hope to keep friday free (bar star wars at 2 on Friday) to visit Ubisoft and Nintendo's booths and just have a general look about the place.

Where you staying im near the main train station in cologne.

Travelling alone as well. I'm staying in the Azimut Hotel. Address is Azimut Hotel, Koln City Centre, Hansaring 97, Koln, 50670. It's near a train station as well, not far from the show.

I'm flying in on Monday so I'll be going to all the shows on Tuesday. Don't have many interviews organised yet, have one with Bioware, Lionhead and Rare. Still in the process of setting times for the rest.

Did you need an invite to go to Nintendos Booth or is it open to all press?

Btw, are you the same Grumpy who used to go to gamecon?

Travelling alone as well. I'm staying in the Azimut Hotel. Address is Azimut Hotel, Koln City Centre, Hansaring 97, Koln, 50670. It's near a train station as well, not far from the show.

I'm flying in on Monday so I'll be going to all the shows on Tuesday. Don't have many interviews organised yet, have one with Bioware, Lionhead and Rare. Still in the process of setting times for the rest.

Did you need an invite to go to Nintendos Booth or is it open to all press?

Btw, are you the same Grumpy who used to go to gamecon?

Nope not me this is my first trip.:D

Im not to far from you im in the hotel altera right on the purple underground line think it goes direct to the event centre. You going to the sony press conference at E-werk concert hall on Tuesday night should try to meet up before and head upto it.

Nope not me this is my first trip.:D

Im not to far from you im in the hotel altera right on the purple underground line think it goes direct to the event centre. You going to the sony press conference at E-werk concert hall on Tuesday night should try to meet up before and head upto it.

Yep I'm going to all the Press Conferences. I'll admit I'm a bit short on details for the Sony and EA conferences. I know their time and location but I've no idea if I can turn up and just get in or if there's a certain amount of seats.

I've got everything sorted with Microsoft alright. I knew the PR people as they've sent me a few free games before so they sent me the 'Play Day' invite yesterday.

Ah I meant Gamecon, the old irish lan, not Gamescom. Thought I recognised your user name.

Yep I'm going to all the Press Conferences. I'll admit I'm a bit short on details for the Sony and EA conferences. I know their time and location but I've no idea if I can turn up and just get in or if there's a certain amount of seats.

I've got everything sorted with Microsoft alright. I knew the PR people as they've sent me a few free games before so they sent me the 'Play Day' invite yesterday.

Ah I meant Gamecon, the old irish lan, not Gamescom. Thought I recognised your user name.

No still not me ! there is another guy on here called just grumpy might be him.

You need to have a ticket for the sony event its fairly limited loads of people giving out that they didnt get tickets.

b2fj.jpg

:D
    I can't wait!

b2fj.jpg

I can't wait!

Is the plastic on the floor incase people piss themselves :D

I cant wait im flying out tommor from Dublin, Got an early start but im buzzing. I'm like a kid at christmass.

I have to bring a passport to swap for 3D glasses for Sony's press conference so im ecpecting Killzone 3 in 3D on a big cinema screen

• Advertisement

You'd think they'd use the new Xbox.

You'd think they'd use the new Xbox.
    And just dump all their current debug units?
    Seems really wasteful.

Seems really wasteful.

They're not the debug units.

All the Xbox's on the E3 show floor were the newer ones.

They're not the debug units.

All the Xbox's on the E3 show floor were the newer ones.
    Perhaps MGS EU have a smaller budget?
    Being honest the question occurred to me too when I saw the picture.

Maybe the stands are designed for the original Xbox 360 and the new one wont fit right in them. As long as they work I dont see the problem.

Seems really wasteful.

theyre retail units, not debugs

im ecpecting Killzone 3 in 3D on a big cinema screen

prepare to be impressed, it looks pant wetting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

b2fj.jpg

I can't wait!

For what? more over rated run of the mill fps?

Helix wrote: »
    prepare to be impressed, it looks pant wetting

Just back from the sony press conference Killzone on the big screen is awesome, i was hanging around after and the developer was playing it on the cinema screen showing us how move works only about 20 of us there it was class.

Played it with the dual shock fingers crossed tommor ill get to use the move. Saw multiplayer clips looks mad.

Socom is really good i instantly fell in love with the move controller looking around corners is so easy taking pin point shots under cars etc all class. Had one of the developers take me through some of it. First time i got to use the move on a FPS its brilliant.

Tried Sly collection, the fight, GT5 virtual tennis 4 all in 3D. Tried RUSE, SOCOM and tiger woods with the move and had quick go on Assassins creed brotherhood but you need more time to relax into that.

Good first night the free booze and bbq helped too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Really looking forward to hearing the updates on the new Mortal Kombat game from this.

Advertisement