Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Day two down, havent walked that far in years ! Sony had there meetings in the radison and the event center is huge.

Met Guerrilla developers and played multiplayer Killzone 3. New objectives story option for multiplayer is very good. Still two teams but you have an intro and you have to do objectives then to win the game, the best player then gets a cut scene at the end when ye win. Adds a bit more to the game rather than just endless death matches.

I asked about the multiplayer beta he started laughing and said he cant say a word on that, i said i thought that website was a scam looking to rob peoples PSN ID and he said no its legit so keep an eye on that.

Halo reach didnt impress me but i wasnt really ever a fan in fact microsoft are very poor on the ground, only have reach and fable 3 and 3 other small games/ arcade games on show.

Came across a great litttle facebook app called instant jam you plug your guitar hero guitar into your PC and you get a a load of free GH style songs, around 2000 songs and its free. Only got ten mins on it before they shut so ill head back again in the morning.

Met Developer of GT5 got to see some of that in action looks good. MEt founder of Sucker punch who showed us some in game footage of Infamous 2,got to see some of Homefront which looks really good. Played some FAllout New vegas its good and they have a new game hunted its a co-op fantasy sword game but still was enjoyable. Played fear 3 and a 3D racing sim and took in all the booth babes on display.

Good second day but the general public come tommor so its going to be a different story still got to do everything i wanted today have interviews for tommor so i wont be near the public area. anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Yeh mate, I missed on some games from the main area due to interviews etc... I've got some more planned for the next few days in the business area but I'm contemplating whether I should spend my extra time in the public area catching up on this few I missed. I can imagine the crowds are going to be immense.

Day 3 was pretty horrible, went out last night with a load of PR, ubisoft, THQ, the edge mag, official playstation etc got in around 4 am. Had to deal with the crowds today it wasnt pretty.

Qued for 30 mins to play Crysis 2 cant believe i missed the EA stand yesterday when i had loads of time, Got in was shown a 3D demo on a big screen but it was nt great i was too close so it was just blurry. Got to play a death match on the Xbox its shocking how bad it looked. Killzone 2 looks better. It was jumpy glitchy, lines are jagged. The city in the background looks amazing but anything up close when your moving is all over the place. Does look good on the PC though. But hugely disappointed by it i know its not out for ages so they have time but i would have thought they would have 1 ten min game working.

2nd huge dissappointment was Mafia 2 qued up again for about 20 mins ( doesnt sound long but it was a t 730pm after being on my feet all day and hungover) Got in and all it was was the flipping demo i downloaded last week :mad:

Some mess up ment i wasnt on the list for some interviews but i wandered around and organised a meeting with Ubisoft and nintendo tomorrow so that worked out ok in he end.

Did get to meet Mick Hocking for a 15min sit down chat about 3D and got to play Motorstorm Ap. in 3D.

Freebies not great today got Giotech triggers and some stickers and checked out even more booth babes. EA had a Zonda and Lamborghini on the stand with 2 girls in hot police outfits.

Last day tomor really need to get stuff written for the site but its hard with so much going on and all the "news" is already published by the time i get back to the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Anybody get hands on with a 3DS if so detailed impressions would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

deathrider wrote: »
    Really looking forward to hearing the updates on the new Mortal Kombat game from this.

played it for a few hours on wednesday here in toronto. absolutely loving it

what would you like to know sir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I don't see this in the half-life forum, so I'll add it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfJ5u-IR5k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3EV2xzrYQ&

They've added in a lot of new stuff. It looks like it will be a challenge to figure some of those puzzles out. Very interesting additions to physics.

Edit: Actually, there's E3 videos showing pretty much all that stuff, but I hadn't seen the propulsion fluid video before.

Fourth and final day today, i only had Ubisoft and nintendo today. Ubisoft are a class act could not have done more for me over the week, got to see Driver, Assassins creed brotherhood and ghost recon. Nintendo are a joke couldnt organize an interview before the event, i was told by the PR to turn up to the both and they would sort it out, called in yesterday they said no one was available to come back today. Went back today and they said that there was no games on show that its all business here. To go play the games on the floor. I explained that i didnt want to just play the games on the floor as i needed some info to write up an article on the experience and they just handed me a disk.

Didnt see the 3DS anywhere and if i had a new console coming out i would have it all over the place which either means its not ready to show off or its a pile of rubbish and they just want people to buy it unseen for xmas.

Didnt bother with the star wars interview, after them screwing me about yesterday i said i wouldnt waste more time on them. Spent some time sitting in the beer garden as it is splitting the rocks today.

Walked around the business area collecting presskits most are just cards to go to a website but got some really cool stuff too.

Met gpotato.eu who are an irish developer of free online games, really nice ill organize to do some interviews and reviews with them back home in the next few weeks. It was good to here a friendly accent after all the germans all week.

Over all a great event made some good contacts saw and played everything i wanted to see ave tons of stuff to write now for the next week. Will be back again next year but ill come a day earlier and go home a day earlier too.

Highlights Sony, Ubisoft and THQ are a really good bunch. Killzone 3 is awesome, GT5, infamous 2, homefront, ghost recon, instant jam, medal of honor all on my must have lists. Crysis 2 demo in 3D on the TV on a pc is amazing.

Low points : Nintendo & Konami are rude and useless. Crowds of people that dont use deodorant i mean seriously who stinks that bad at 10am ! The walking (all though once i knew where i was going it wasn't to bad) Lack of sleep. Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 was a joke.

nintendo are reknowned for not giving a toss about anyone in europe. theyre a bit better to deal with over here

always found konami to be nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Fourth and final day today, i only had Ubisoft and nintendo today. Ubisoft are a class act could not have done more for me over the week, got to see Driver, Assassins creed brotherhood and ghost recon. Nintendo are a joke couldnt organize an interview before the event, i was told by the PR to turn up to the both and they would sort it out, called in yesterday they said no one was available to come back today. Went back today and they said that there was no games on show that its all business here. To go play the games on the floor. I explained that i didnt want to just play the games on the floor as i needed some info to write up an article on the experience and they just handed me a disk.

Didnt see the 3DS anywhere and if i had a new console coming out i would have it all over the place which either means its not ready to show off or its a pile of rubbish and they just want people to buy it unseen for xmas.

Didnt bother with the star wars interview, after them screwing me about yesterday i said i wouldnt waste more time on them. Spent some time sitting in the beer garden as it is splitting the rocks today.

Walked around the business area collecting presskits most are just cards to go to a website but got some really cool stuff too.

Met gpotato.eu who are an irish developer of free online games, really nice ill organize to do some interviews and reviews with them back home in the next few weeks. It was good to here a friendly accent after all the germans all week.

Over all a great event made some good contacts saw and played everything i wanted to see ave tons of stuff to write now for the next week. Will be back again next year but ill come a day earlier and go home a day earlier too.

Highlights Sony, Ubisoft and THQ are a really good bunch. Killzone 3 is awesome, GT5, infamous 2, homefront, ghost recon, instant jam, medal of honor all on my must have lists. Crysis 2 demo in 3D on the TV on a pc is amazing.

Low points : Nintendo & Konami are rude and useless. Crowds of people that dont use deodorant i mean seriously who stinks that bad at 10am ! The walking (all though once i knew where i was going it wasn't to bad) Lack of sleep. Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 was a joke.

3DS was in the business centre mate. I'll agree with Nintendo being rude. It took me hours to organise an interview with them regarding the 3DS and they'd barely answer any questions, they basically just let me mess around with it for 30 minutes and that was that.

Helix wrote: »
    nintendo are reknowned for not giving a toss about anyone in europe. theyre a bit better to deal with over here

always found konami to be nice though

In fairness to Konami that event is hard work and im sure they are busy and dont have time for someone they dont know asking to sit in on presentations. If i had being dealing with them all the time then it would be different.

Nintendo on the other hand ive been dealing with for a while and thought i was getting places.

• Advertisement

getting review code and a few press releases is about as far as anyone seems to manage with nintendo, and theyre still treated like dirt too. every journo ive ever talked to HATES them lol

whole different ball game over here. it really really is

they all bend over backwards to help you

Advertisement