Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons

Options
  • 21-07-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Does anyone know of where you can take guitar lessons in Cork starting in September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

What level are you? Complete beginner, or do you have some basics down? The 'courses' run by the various secondary schools at night are horrendous. You'll learn chords, and play a few songs. There's no foundation in what makes a chord a chord, or any technique beyond basic strumming.

I'd recommend a few people if you want, but it's well worth getting enough lessons down to learn some good technique, then take a break from the lessons for 6 months and practise yourself until you're profficient enough to take the next step and learn more from a more advanced teacher.

I play guitar semi-professionally each weekend, and have seen the results of some 'teachers' here in Cork. Half motivated players with guitars gatthering dust next to the TV on a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Leavenotrace

I will be giving guitar lessons in september. Im a college student and charge a very resonable price, PM me in you are interested

I can teach classical or "regular" guitar. Both theory and practical

Advertisement