Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nymj?????????

Options
  • 21-07-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi i am in the business of installing and maintaining water pumps, as of late i have quoted for fitting a few submersible pumps in new bored wells i have not got a few of these jobs i was expecting to get but saw the system that my competition has fitted , they used nymj cable in the well and i would have allowed for h07 type cable which is nearly twice the price per meter of nymj , can anyone tell me is it ok to install nymj submersed in a well?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

I'm no expert but I'd say a big no, I would not like to depend on a gland with water pressure on it, would the nymj leech plastizers, and its not flexible enough.
    On your quotes be specific as to what you are using and why, this will ensure the client will make a fair comparison, you can't expect to walk out of a rolls showroom with a car if your only prepared to spend the cost of a mini.
    I'm sure some of the other lads will give more details on the cable, if it were me I'd choose a H07 or similar type.
    spannerman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

frightening.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

can anyone tell me is it ok to install nymj submersed in a well?????????

It's not ok, NYMJ can't be submersed in water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i noticed on a callout to a deep-well pump recently

that the water had gotten under the skin of the ho7(i think)

hadn't affected the IR much though

SWA and an RCBO -would that be the right job? not too familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

I think you should ring around for another price on your H07, i'd say there is no more than 10-20% in the price difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement