Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

capitation fee returned ?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

hi i have just finished doing an ordinary degree course in dit and as there was zero work to be found i applied for and got a place in an honours engineering degree course,
    i received a grant the last time and had to pay a capitation fee in the region of 800 euros which was returned to me later on in the year. i will have to pay this fee again in september (it raised to 1600 euro) but has anything changed in the returning of this fee ? i'll have to borrow this money to get onto the course and if its not returned then i'll have to pass on the place as i just couldn't afford to pay this money.

anyone know for certain , or who could i ring or email to enquire ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Hi there,

The €1500 is the student registration fee. If you are eligible for a maintenance grant then this is paid for you. If your grant is approved before you have to go in for registration then you don't have to pay it first, you just pay the student levy fee (which varies from college to college) when you register and then take your grant approval letter into the college and then the registration fee is paid directly to the college.

If you have to register before your grant is approved then you pay the fee and it will be repaid back to you by the college once they receive it from the grant department.

Hope that helps :)

Advertisement