Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfboards for sale/swop/trade

Options
  • 21-07-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

between myself and the husband we have a few too many surfboards and are looking to sell/maybe trade two:

a Cortez minimal (7'9") and an NXR shortboard (6'6" I think), both in great condition, both less than a year old, leash & fins included with each board.

The husband is looking to get a longboard (he robbed mine and got hooked :) so he can go get his own longboard instead of robbing mine all the time :P) so these two need to go to make enough room.

Will lash up more details tomorrow as need to go take pics etc in daylight, so if anyone's interested let me know, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LordFarquaad

Hey echosound, ill take the Cortez off your hands for €200 if it's still for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

hey LordFarquaad, yep Cortez still for sale, just PM'd you there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lodge2000

Is the 7"9 still for sale?

Thanks,

Still for sale :) Sending you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Andrew Hoey

are any of these suitable for a beginner, nd were are u based

• Advertisement

Based in the South East, so close to Waterford/Kilkenny/Clonmel/Dungarvan/Tramore etc.

The Cortez might be good depending on your height and weight - a lot of beginners go for a minimal (which is what this Cortez is). If you're a bigger chap - eg over 6 foot tall and 13 stone+, I'd think about taking a look at something longer TBH.

I'd steer well clear of a shortboard if you're only starting out, so that rules the NXR out for you. Wouldn't like to see you going for a board that's only going to frustrate you when you're starting off, IMO you're better off going longer when starting out so you can catch waves easier. A shortboard is just not as forgiving as longer boards, you have to be spot on every single time with your pop-up, whereas you have wobble room with a longer board.

(Just a slight correction to my original post - I accidentally typed a 9 instead of a 6, the length for the Cortez should read 7'6", not 7'9").

I promise I'll get an adverts.ie post up soon, I'm just spectacularly lazy when it comes to taking the photos and getting an ad sorted! I'll link to it in my sig whenever I get it up and running so anyone that's interested can take a look at the photos.

link to adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Andrew Hoey

im 5'10 nd 78kgs so it might be ok nd both my friends who are beginners got 7'3 minimals

Advertisement