Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belle & Sebastian - Grand Canal Theatre, Dec 3rd

Options
  • 21-07-2010 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Scottish indie-popsters Belle & Sebastian have announced some UK and Ireland dates in December, including a stop-off at Dublin’s Grand Canal Theatre on Friday December 3rd.

Tickets range from €39.50 to €44.50 and may be purchased here (Ticketmaster) from Friday at 9 a.m.

http://www.state.ie/2010/07/news/belle-sebastian-announce-tour/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

does anyone know if this will be all seating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yes. They can't take the seats out of the Grand Canal Theatre.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

does anyone know if this will be all seating?

I think all gigs there are all seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Any info if they will have a orchestra like the UK dates? Btw, there is a presale link on mcd.ie for advance tickets if you fancy buying today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

According to the blurb e-mailed out with the presale links, the orchestra is only going to be doing a few shows in the UK: "The London Contemporary Orchestra will feature in the shows at Gateshead, Birmingham and Manchester".
    It'd be nice to see them with an orchestra, even if only so I could get F**k This S**t, like they did at the Hollywood Bowl.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I love their songs from Juno!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Damn it. Just realised this clashes with the Godspeed ATP. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

phew when i first saw your post i thought it was the dublin godspeed gig it was conflicting with....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

December is looking great now with these and Godspeed on consecutive Fridays, will be my first gig in Grand canal Theatre, now if deerhoof and dirty projectors and deerhunter play Dublin, I would have a perfect gig year

indiewindy wrote: »
    December is looking great now with these and Godspeed on consecutive Fridays, will be my first gig in Grand canal Theatre, now if deerhoof and dirty projectors and deerhunter play Dublin, I would have a perfect gig year

Check out this December announcement!!!!

CARIBOU!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

December 2010 is turning into another May 2009!

Got my B&S tickets today!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got tickets yesterday on the presale, can't fecking wait.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Holy moly this is the best news I've had in weeks. Gonna purchase tomorrow morning :D

Edit: Tickets purchased!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Mate of mine was kind enough to loan me the money for a ticket. Never been in Grand Canal before either, should be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

I'm delighted i seen this thread before the tickets were sold out, i would've been kicking myself.
    Really looking forward to this now, i was in GCT a few weeks ago and its a great venue especially for a band like B&S!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Forgive me for butting in here, but what's the capacity for GCT?

I've heard it;s 2,000 seated, that would mean probably 3,000 standing, therefore solving the problem of a medium sized venue in the city.

Why won't they use it for standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Have B&S a new album coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

scudzilla wrote: »

I've heard it;s 2,000 seated, that would mean probably 3,000 standing, therefore solving the problem of a medium sized venue in the city.

The GCT is 2,111 seated, its designed for use as a theatre (plays, opera, ballet, etc) more so than as a music venue. The seat are on a slope like in a cinema and there 2 balcony's and a few boxes. As far as i know the seats can't be removed.

Bit unfortunate really as a good mid-sized music venue would be great in the city.
    Sonovagun wrote: »
    Have B&S a new album coming out?

It says on their website that they're working on some new material so hopefully we'll hear some of their new stuff in december :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

scudzilla wrote: »

As far as I'm aware there is no standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

there's definitely no standing. great venue but it will be strange sitting down for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

Anyone knows where can i buy tickets?
    I missed sales on ticketmaster :((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

few more tickets went on sale for this today, picked mine up this afternoon, was delighted. Cant wait, perfect match of band and venue

few more tickets went on sale for this today, picked mine up this afternoon, was delighted. Cant wait, perfect match of band and venue

Thanks for that, just picked up front row tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

No problem, Must have been feck all more put on sale, the front row ones came up for me when I searched but I didn't fancy it. They must have been held back for comps or something. Got a couple up in the circle instead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Thanks for that, just picked up front row tickets.

You out seated me again for this - you a-hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

its all so tempting but i cant get my head around seating down for a gig, just cant, it just feels wrong.

:(

its all so tempting but i cant get my head around seating down for a gig, just cant, it just feels wrong.

:(

Wait til you get to the stage where it will take only a very good band to make you stand!

viva la seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Mate just got 2 2nd row tix for this. never listened to these guys before so anyone wanna give me a list of say 8-10 songs that their guaranteed to sing so i don't look like a complete muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Mate just got 2 2nd row tix for this. never listened to these guys before so anyone wanna give me a list of say 8-10 songs that their guaranteed to sing so i don't look like a complete muppet.

Somebodys opinion:

http://altmusic.about.com/od/top10lists/tp/belle-and-sebastian-songs.htm

• Advertisement

TskTsk wrote: »

I doubt they'll play many of those 10. TBH they have a new album i'd get that as i'd say 50% of the set list at least will come from it. Also you could check some recent set lists to...

Advertisement