Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belle & Sebastian - Grand Canal Theatre, Dec 3rd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Any word on if they are still playing Friday? Dublin Airport is now closed, but they are in Belfast tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

grizzly wrote: »
    Any word on if they are still playing Friday? Dublin Airport is now closed, but they are in Belfast tonight?

Saw on twitter over the weekend that they were taking the boat and coach to Belfast so airport closures shoudn't affect them.
    I'm not looking forward to driving across the country myself on Friday, lets hope weather improves on Friday eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

hope this is right

7.30PM Doors
    8.00PM Catherine Feeney
    9.00PM Belle & Sebastian
    *times subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any chance this will be cancelled? I haven't a hope of making it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Any chance this will be cancelled? I haven't a hope of making it in.

I wouldn't think so. They played Belfast last night so are probably on their way down now if not in Dublin already.

MCD seem to be full steam ahead for most of their gigs.

Most people seem to think bands fly to gigs, this is rarely the case so if they're already on the road it's ferries and road conditions that matter.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think MCD will do everthing to avoid cancelling. Will probably mean that they play to an empty room.

Yeah, I think MCD will do everthing to avoid cancelling. Will probably mean that they play to an empty room.

I dunno. I'd there will me people not making it but there should be a decent turnout.

What was the crowd like for Interpol does anyone know?

There are a lot of tickets being flogged on toutless for this though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Interpol had a good few empty seats and wasnt that full. On way to the national now. Gwan the train!! How will I get home? Who knows really!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭tattykitty

Grand Canal Theatre has this notice on their website:

The Show Must Go On

Please note that the following scheduled performances will be going ahead; Handel’s Messiah Thursday 2nd December & Saturday 4th December, Belle & Sebastian Friday 3rd December. Please allow extra travel time for your journey, you can consult www.transport.ie for updates on roads, bus, rail and other transport services.

So it looks like it'll still be on...unless they get stranded somewhere between Belfast and Dublin tomorrow...

tattykitty wrote: »
    So it looks like it'll still be on...unless they get stranded somewhere between Belfast and Dublin tomorrow...

They played Belfast last night so can't see them not making it down (albeit at a snail's pace probably!)

• Advertisement

RE: Interpol, I was in the circle on Wednesday for it and it seemed pretty full, but only at the last minute - not a great turn-out for the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Need the luas or 77 to run tomorrow or I will miss this. And then I will go crazy and kill people. This is your warning, transportation people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

iWeeze wrote: »
    Need the luas or 77 to run tomorrow or I will miss this. And then I will go crazy and kill people. This is your warning, transportation people!

LUAS was cancelled tonight I heard but it was running the past few nights so you'll probably be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I just hope the late bus is going back to Galway or I'm stranded after this.

Should be good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

Seen Stuart Murdoch at The National last night, so it's going ahead.

Anyone know who the support is? What time do you reckon Belle & Seb will be going on? The Luas is on and off, by the look of it...don't want to leave too early and hit the mad work rush, but don't want to miss anything either! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So what did everyone think of the show? I will go first and risk being shouted down.... I felt it was a letdown.... : O

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

How could you feel let down by the encore alone? Did you know the band well? I loved every second of it. If they'd played century of fakers it really would have been perfect. Little lord Antony. If you're feeling sinister. and i'm a cuckoo just wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I thought it was amazing, even better than the national the previous night. First time in that venue, liked everyting about except their drink rule:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I really enjoyed it! They played so many of my favourites. Sometimes I felt it was a Daniel O Donnell concert though, all the sitting and standing and dancing at our seats :p

I REALLY wish Stuart was my friend. That would be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Great gig, even if they didn't play loads of songs I hoped they would (I mean, come on, nothing from Storytelling, wtf?), really brought the new songs to life in a way that they don't come across on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭smurke

it was an incredible gig!!!, loved every second of it. Can't wait to see them again at Primavera

Absolutely sick I couldn't make it :(

Were there many empty seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Thought it was superb, much better than I was expecting. Nice to see crowd interaction.

Not as many empty seats as I thought there would be either. A few dotted here and there but not many. And number 17 failed to make it too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

Brilliant gig, cracking bunch of musicians. The crowd interaction was great too, sometimes at seating gigs seating gigs the crowd can feel a bit distant from the performers, but the definitely wasn't the case here. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, i know i did anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Were there many empty seats?
    A few, but not nearly as many as I was expecting, and there are usually a few unfilled seats at gigs with normal weather.

Stuart went running out into the crowd stepping on the back of the seats at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Awesome gig, I thought. Stuart's banter in between songs was worth it alone.
    "You probably won't dance to this one... unless you're eplieptic.."

If You're Feeling Sinister and If You Find Yourself Caught In Love were highlights for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement