Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy fruit Pectin?

Options
  • 22-07-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

I want to use fruit pectin in the place of sugar in making jam, like the Meridian range, but I can't for the life of me find it in any of the shops I've tried in Dublin. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Don't they sell a sugar with pecthin just for jam? Think I saw it in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I looked around in Tesco but didn't see any pectin. It's not a sugar I'm after; just pectin.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For jam making the pectin sugar works very well. Bought mine in Superquinn last year to make blackberry jam. If I remember right that was at the end of August. The jam is nearly finished now and still in perfect condition (nearly a year later)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Certo liquid pectin, found in the sugar or baking aisle in Tesco's.

Lithanica has a pectin mix, specifically for low sugar jams ala meredian.
    Most jams in eastern european food stores, are low sugar. So they might be a good place to look in general.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips eveyone. I'll try them out :)

Couldn't find Certo in my local big Tescos in Dun Laoghaire. Will have to try an Eastern European store when I'm in Dublin city centre next. Anywhere in particular I should try? I wouldn't know where to start... I googled Lithanica but couldn't find an address for them.

Lithanica is in the ethnic foodhall, at the top of Moores st....the parnell st side. Beside Aldi or lidl. You go down an esculator and they are the first shop on the left. My local keeps it with the spices.
    But there are loads of other eastern european shops around the north side.
    I'm sure they would all have it.

Cool, I will try them out. Thanks!

Advertisement