Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good translator for Tattoos??

Options
  • 22-07-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys/girls,

Im looking for a decent translator for my tattoo sleave translations; for sanskrit, arabic et al; ive been using a few to get the feel and the google one seems the best but id like to be sure before i commit; short of spending hours in Easons/dictionary sections, can anyone advise? Cheers in advance ye beauts!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you don't speak it don't get it tattooed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

If you don't speak it don't get it tattooed.

Yeah that's generally a good idea,translators online ususally translate the words seperately,not as a sentence,if you know what I mean,it wouldn't make much sense or sound right.

I know a few people aswell who got what they thought was "Fate" and "Love" etc tattooed in some other language and it turned out to be something else or spelt wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Do a quick google for "drugail saor" for an example of, and many discussions on why, it's a bad idea to get a tattoo in a language you don't speak. If you really want a tattoo in sanskrit/arabic then you should go learn the language, as even a slight nuance can completely change the meaning of a phrase in many languages, e.g. Britney's "mysterious" tattoo which actually says "strange", similar words in meaning but have very different meanings when said about a person.:p

Advertisement