Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piping/marching festival

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else see this in Donegal Town on Sunday?

It was a charming and stirring sight.... They came past our stall and the Donegal Band then rehearsed on the car park.

Sunny day and all so beautiful...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Myself and I think one other esteemed member on these pages used to be members of a marching band. Was always a good day out on a Sunday as kids ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I remember those days well...Every other sunday heading away to God knows where...It was all good fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I love marching music and really enjoyed the various bands on Sunday. Very few males involved though it seems!

Anyone know if there are bands recruiting for adults? Looks like a great pastime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bohsboy wrote: »
    I love marching music and really enjoyed the various bands on Sunday. Very few males involved though it seems!

Anyone know if there are bands recruiting for adults? Looks like a great pastime. :)

It was great wasn;t it?

A really pleasurable time; hearing the faint music grow louder and seeing band after band come down from the Diamond to the pier.

There was a whole band of males..Second band in the first parade.

Ask the Donegal Town Band; but you need to be able to play something.

Advertisement