Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 22-07-2010 4:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

My little girl is going in to get spayed on monday morning and we are going on holiday the week after that on the tuesday. I have arranged for her to stay with a family member for the time we will be away. But the thing is that the family member has 2 male dogs one is 5 and the other is her brother 8 months. Do ye think she will be ok there or will they attack her. Should i find different accomodation for her. I had her booked to be spayed earlier but unfortunatly she went into heat before her appointment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Have they all met before? If not I would suggest an introduction on neutral grounds to see how they get on, followed by taking your dog to their house to see how they are. Some dogs (like my springer ) are not overly keen on having doggy visitors :)

In my opinion the spaying shouldn't have any impact, but I am open to correction on that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

If she knows the dogs, I don't see why there would be any problems, but if not, introduce them on neutral ground and they should be fine, if they aren't dog aggressive dogs.

Her stitches will have to come out while you're away, is the family member okay about taking her to have that done? Maybe you could ask your vet to use dissolvable stitches to make it easier for your dog sitter:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Yea i will try get the vet to use the disolvable stitches. They two other dogs are very docile as is my dog (Ive never seen a dog as docile as mine, everybody comments on it) I just hope they all get along as i feel guilty enough already for putting her under the knife:(;)

Advertisement