Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapist in Waterford City

• 22-07-2010 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi

Does anybody have any recommendations for a physiotherapist in Waterford city?
    Plus what kind of price does a visit usually cost?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Ronald Swanson is the best physio I have ever dealt with and I recommend him to all my clients with sporting issues. He is out in tramore just opposite the golf course but well worth the spin out. If you want his number just PM me.

As far as I remember initial consultation is €45 and any visit after that was €40. He is registered with the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists so no bother claiming back from VHI etc if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

Des O Meara ,just to the left of the car park entrance of city square , used him last summer and so have numerous other i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Joe Gt wrote: »
    Des O Meara ,just to the left of the car park entrance of city square , used him last summer and so have numerous other i know

Going to him at the moment myself, sound chap and reasonably priced at 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deiselad

Hi Dermo,

Not sure what kind of treatment you are looking for, but I found this chap really good. Very detailed, taking case history, treaments are very focused, and doesn't do follow on treaments just for the sake of it. Reasonable compared to others posts here.

He's a registered Physical Therapist, no there's no issue's claiming VHI etc.
    www.nigeloconnor.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

deiselad wrote: »
    Hi Dermo,

Not sure what kind of treatment you are looking for, but I found this chap really good. Very detailed, taking case history, treaments are very focused, and doesn't do follow on treaments just for the sake of it. Reasonable compared to others posts here.

He's a registered Physical Therapist, no there's no issue's claiming VHI etc.
    www.nigeloconnor.com

You beat me to it!

I've used various physios in Waterford (Shay Fitzpatrick / Peter Kirwan), but Nigel's been the best of them. He actually takes the time to listen to what you have to say first and doesn't make any assumptions. Some physios will just stick a tens machine on you for a while and then just rub. Nigel concentrates on deep-tissue massage and stretching the muscle for you. Most physios I've been to just give you half-an-hour. Anytime I've been out with Nigel, it was for a full hour each time - well worth the €40. He also tells it like it is. I went one time with a complaint and he told me straight up that there was nothing wrong with the muscles or tendons and that it was a skeletal problem, so next day I went to my chiropractor and they fixed it. You get the feeling with some physios that they'll keep you coming back to ensure they get money in. Not so with Nigel.

Anyway, can't recommend him highly enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

d-sher wrote: »
    Ronald Swanson is the best physio I have ever dealt with and I recommend him to all my clients with sporting issues. He is out in tramore just opposite the golf course but well worth the spin out. If you want his number just PM me.

As far as I remember initial consultation is €45 and any visit after that was €40. He is registered with the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists so no bother claiming back from VHI etc if you have it.

Ron is a superb physio that I went to after another physio would have left me with a permanent limp if I hadn't gone elsewhere. My husband and several of his family and friends have also gone to him and found him excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dermo f

Thanks lads

Advertisement