Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Train Station

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a bike rack at Portlaoise train station? Is it safe to leave a bike there all day? Will be commuting to Dublin soon...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

There is a bike rack in the car park as you enter from the Mountmellick Rd entrance. Not sure about how safe it is tbh, but I'd say its safe enough. Nobody tends to be in the car park unless they are using the train or collecting someone etc. You can ask them if they have cctv etc, I think they do. I used to just lock mine to a poll at the railway street entrance, never had a problem but wasn't the safest so probably not recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

As has been mentioned, over the Mountmellick Road side car park. Its near the bridge elevator. The area's well surveyed by employees and I think at least one CCTV camera covers it so should be grand, just bring a lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

I regularly use it. Loads of room and i haven't had any trouble to date... As mentioned, lock is a definite (but you'd hardly leave it there without one now would you?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Advertisement