Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another youtube stunt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

robbie_998 wrote: »
    I'm gonna get slated for this and mods/admins i am sorry

BUT

RSA look at those vids and tell me if a woman did them stunts she wouldn't crash ?

the lads are showing some skill there with good driving (even though they are acting the bollox) ... nobody died... i'd like to see a woman doing that.
    Banned for a week for sexism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

draffodx wrote: »
    There is a hill on the road outside my house and when I was young in the winter months when it froze we used to slide down the hill on what ever we could find with someone at the bottom stopping cars.

This isn't really that much different.

No I think that is pretty dangerous also!

I would have no problem if this was just in a field or whatever. Taking risks on a public road is unfair and irresponsible. If it is a public road you do not own the road, it is not yours to take risks with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

trad wrote: »
    Birds fly over public roads all the time.
    so was it a bird who flew the car over the road or river? :D

I cannot see if it a road or a private passageway or a stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

muffy wrote: »

I would have no problem if this was just in a field or whatever. Taking risks on a public road is unfair and irresponsible. If it is a public road you do not own the road, it is not yours to take risks with.

But its still a great video. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

god dammit, this country making pussies out of people.... we soon will have safety dippers....

they had some fun, they were watching so no cars would be near by...

soon we will need a safety equipment to go for bread to tescos...if everything is so dangerouos lets all lock our houses and sit inside, newer do anything interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I think it's just a shame the lad on the road didn't have a camera too.

god dammit, this country making pussies out of people.... we soon will have safety dippers....

they had some fun, they were watching so no cars would be near by...

soon we will need a safety equipment to go for bread to tescos...if everything is so dangerouos lets all lock our houses and sit inside, newer do anything interesting...

Are you for real? If it was in fact a public road then what right do they have to use if for fun?
    Can I go outside my house, turn on some music and sit there and drink wine while my mate stops any cars that happen to pass?
    Sure I'd only be having a bit of craic. :rolleyes:
    I never once said that cannot do that on their own land, they can do whatever they want there.
    Apologies for wanting safety to be priority on the road :confused:

It is gas :D
    But dangerous :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

jumpd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

jumpd.jpg

Shouldn't that have a red line through it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It is funny I must say but if that is a public road he crossed Im afraid he is totally wrong. When I was 16 thank god camcorders or youtube didnt exist or we would still be locked up. Rallying k30`s and fiat ritmos across the bogs. Those were the days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ShadowHearth, feel free to kill yourself only your family will be devastated, don't feel free to risk other peoples lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

1 less micra on the road to delay me... ;)

Are you for real? If it was in fact a public road then what right do they have to use if for fun?
    Can I go outside my house, turn on some music and sit there and drink wine while my mate stops any cars that happen to pass?
    Sure I'd only be having a bit of craic. :rolleyes:
    I never once said that cannot do that on their own land, they can do whatever they want there.
    Apologies for wanting safety to be priority on the road :confused:

i can bet that roads sees 1.5 car a day, and they were over watching it anyway, just to "use" it for few seconds... wow that was so extreme!!!

damn, stuff we did when we were kids... this video cant even compare with first one, its just cool lol :D. i can bet that RSA just got Joes G-spot with this youtube justice, i can bet they will find third video to rip on...

thanks god all my donuts are of the camera :D

mike65 wrote: »
    ShadowHearth, feel free to kill yourself only your family will be devastated, don't feel free to risk other peoples lives.

did that, been there, whats next?

i can bet that roads sees 1.5 car a day, and they were over watching it anyway, just to "use" it for few seconds... wow that was so extreme!!!

damn, stuff we did when we were kids... this video cant even compare with first one, its just cool lol :D. i can bet that RSA just got Joes G-spot with this youtube justice, i can bet they will find third video to rip on...

thanks god all my donuts are of the camera :D

Do you really honestly think it is ok to do whatever you want on a road just because it only "sees 1.5 car a day" ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

That vid is class! I would love to do that, obviously as long as there was nothin on the road!
    Anan1 wrote: »
    Banned for a week for sexism.

lol :D

(unless your serious, then WTF?)

I think we have a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

JustinOval wrote: »
    Shouldn't that have a red line through it? :D

Nah, It's just a caution sign for low flying K11's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thats a bit too PC for me! Danger would have been extremely minimal to others (just as in the video) and anyone that came by didnt have a problem with it, if they did we would have stopped.

You obviously dont come from or have ever lived in the middle of nowhere, things be different out in the wilderness, I could sit for days and not see a car pass by my house.

• Advertisement

Do you really honestly think it is ok to do whatever you want on a road just because it only "sees 1.5 car a day" ? :confused:

okay now, lets have a reality check. did they do it on m7, or did they do on road where you cant see a single car. Even knowing that, they had someone to watch it over... its safe in books.

Seriuoslly guys, havent you done something fun and stupid when you were young?

p.s. nah, not a troll, just not a sheep aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Jaysus, the hand wringers and hi-horse brigade are out in force.

Yer man was a looper to chance the jump but I don't think it was the first time tbh. As for posing a danger to other road users, pure bullschit.

It may well be a cul de sac going to one farm house and only needed one person to watch incase the postman came.

As a bogger I would always stop for someone standing in the middle of the road. It's easier than picking Friesian from your front grill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Abbbbbbb

I wonder would there be the same outrage if the video was of a bicycle or even a motorbike? Or a horse? Or someone on foot? The risk is (largely) the same - that you'll cause another road user to crash having distracted them with a flying Micra^^Horse^^Feet etc.

Also, I wonder if a charge of dangerous driving would be easy given the car didn't actually touch the road? I guess its covered under '...in a public place' which is usually how this legislation is phrased? I'd be curious how any of the Guards that frequent boards would treat this offence? A slamdunk dangerous driving prosecution? Careless or reckless endangerment? Ownership of a Micra with intent? :)

A.

I suppose they'll get the driver (if they can find him) on careless or wreckless driving and endangering other road users.

They could have an audience for the next jump.

draffodx wrote: »
    Thats a bit too PC for me! Danger would have been extremely minimal to others (just as in the video) and anyone that came by didnt have a problem with it, if they did we would have stopped.

You obviously dont come from or have ever lived in the middle of nowhere, things be different out in the wilderness, I could sit for days and not see a car pass by my house.

:rolleyes:
    "Ooo PC" Not that I care. I couldn't give a flying F*uck what anyone does once it doesn't put me in danger.

I do in fact live in a rural area of Dublin, on a country road, which is why I think its dangerous. Everyone local thinks they "know the road" and people not local think "its deserted sure". My daily experiences of back road driving mean I know to expect muppets attempting stunts on "quiet roads".

Fair enough the road happened to be deserted, and they had someone to watch. Doesn't mean they should be praised.
    Why couldn't they have used one of Daddy's fields instead of going over a public road?

Abbbbbbb wrote: »
    I wonder would there be the same outrage if the video was of a bicycle or even a motorbike? Or a horse? Or someone on foot? The risk is (largely) the same - that you'll cause another road user to crash having distracted them with a flying Micra^^Horse^^Feet etc.

Also, I wonder if a charge of dangerous driving would be easy given the car didn't actually touch the road? I guess its covered under '...in a public place' which is usually how this legislation is phrased? I'd be curious how any of the Guards that frequent boards would treat this offence? A slamdunk dangerous driving prosecution? Careless or reckless endangerment? Ownership of a Micra with intent? :)

A.

Yea its pretty much all dangerous at the end of the day.

The people going crazy about this obviously have very little knowledge of living in the country and how small roads like these are treated. If people understood they would know there was zero chance of a third party being hurt in the stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I'd love to see what happened the car when it landed. And the occupants as well. Spinal compression thats for sure!

The people going crazy about this obviously have very little knowledge of living in the country and how small roads like these are treated. If people understood they would know there was zero chance of a third party being hurt in the stunt.

What do you mean by that?
    I live in a rural enough area, I drive backroads all the time, which is why I hate this attitude that people can do whatever they like on backroads because "no one else uses them". Its ridiculous and dangerous. Fair enough these lads got away with it. What about the next idiot who decides its ok to do 160 km p/h down a back road because there is no one on it, do you think that's ok?

• Advertisement

shedweller wrote: »
    I'd love to see what happened the car when it landed. And the occupants as well. Spinal compression thats for sure!

My coccyx hurts to think about it! :eek:

Advertisement