Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflowing 360's Gpu

Options
  • 22-07-2010 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of 360's here with errors 0020 and something similar(cannot remember exactly :D). Well I tried the heatgun method on both and it made no difference at all :(. I have an Aoyue 968 now and would like to try that to reflow the Gpu. Looking at the guides I need to get a griddle or hot plate to heat bottom of the mobo. Cannot see them anywhere except ebay and not exactly cheap. Did anyone here reflow a 360 using a similar rework station and how did they go about doing it ?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I know Docentore here has a contact who reflows them with professional grade equiptment, he may be able to help you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but i dont know is the Aoyue 968 any better than a heat gun for the job, the hot air would be more focussed maybe but the steps would be the same

IMO follow this sudo code

Is console Jtaggable?----yes-> Keep and try fix anyway possible :P
    |
    no
    |
    Has console been repaired before? ---yes--> forget about it, sell it
    |
    no
    |
    Is it HDMI? ----yes-> DIY fix, not worth the price of a reflow
    |
    no
    |
    Think about DIY fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

Its basically just a more focused hotair gun alright using correct nozzle. I might try using it with some reflow flux and see how I get on. What kind of temps/time do you know work well using a hot airgun? I think I tried 350C for about 3min both sides.

Advertisement