Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive-Through

Options
  • 22-07-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

Trying to settle a bet here, is the McD drive-through in Douglas open 24hrs ??

tx :)

Comments

Nope, small hours of the morning but not 24hour as far as I know, although the one in town is now 24Hour, maybe they are doing the same in Douglas ? So I dunno really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I THINK it closes for 2 or 3 hours in the middle of the night...but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Pretty sure it is twenty four hours.... dont ask why i know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

When do they start serving breakfast there?

Anyone know any 24hr pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i think it has gone 24 hours but only recently they were doing a load of work on it over the last few weeks,

i think they start serving breakfast at 5am,

to order now you talk to a machine not a person, and there is 2 lanes in the drive thru which go into one! so 2 place to order from by the looks of it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

The McD's itself is definitely gone 24 hours. Not sure if they close the drive-through in the small hours or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

bladebrew wrote: »
    to order now you talk to a machine not a person,

Dear god I hope you mean there's a person at the other end not some god-awful voice recognition software.

bladebrew wrote: »
    and there is 2 lanes in the drive thru which go into one! so 2 place to order from by the looks of it,

That won't cause accidents......

I haven't been there in years but could actually murder a milkshake now that I'm thinking of the place. It's a bitch to carry it on the motorbike though :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I live in Douglas so know best!
    The drive through is open 24 hours
    The resturant itself is closed for a few hours during the night
    And yes it starts serving breakfast at 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Dear god I hope you mean there's a person at the other end not some god-awful voice recognition software.

That won't cause accidents......

I haven't been there in years but could actually murder a milkshake now that I'm thinking of the place. It's a bitch to carry it on the motorbike though :(

yup its a person at the other end!,
    the two lanes seem a bit pointless, if your order a big tasty you will be left waiting around the corner:(
    its worth it though:)

edit: get panniers for the bike!! get a big tasty and a cornetto mc flurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

I can't even decide whether a 24 hour McD's is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand it's very convenient for some. But on the other it's a very odd thing to have such food available in the early hours of the morning.

Then again I'm a health freak. Haven't willingly eaten there in more than a year

• Advertisement
Advertisement