Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Deleted

Options
  • 22-07-2010 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a message from another member saying that my signature was removed. I then see that it is because it is too advertisy. I didn't mean for this to be the case. I just wanted to provide links to certain areas and because I am a good regular member who offers good advice, I didn't think this would be a problem. Can you let me know if it can be re-instated?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hi there

You'll see that your sig has been replaced with a link to the (old) sig rules. These, in turn, have a link to the Signatures forum where you can see the current, actual rules.

If your sig was removed, it was done so because it fell foul of those rules. The idea of "providing links to certain areas" is certainly not against the rules...its just a question of how you do that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I just wanted to provide links to certain areas

Is it your company or do you work for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kitchen Expert

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Is it your company or do you work for it?

It is my own company. We are an online kitchen and bedroom magazine and we offer advice on various topics such as kitchen and bedroom design, planning, kitchen worktops, appliances etc.

I am offering advice to boards.ie members and I have had a private message from one message saying he thinks the links are useful and he would back me up.

But if it has to be edited then I have no problem. Not trying to annoy anyone and I really enjoy posting on boards.ie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

We have no problem with you offering advice.
    However, if you wish to advertise, then you must contact sales@boards.ie

Hi guys,

I have edited my signature. I wonder could you let me know if it is ok?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi, current rule location is as bonkey posted. Your signature contains too much advertising, I have replaced it with simply a link to the website which is what you are allowed.

Hi,

Thanks for that. I wonder can I just add just one line under it to say it's an online kitchen and bedroom magazine??

Hiya, did you read the sig rules bonkey linked to?

Hi Gordon,

I have read the rules and it says I am allowed text lines including a link so I'm confused as to what was wrong with the edited signature I added yesterday. All I want to do is add a single line under my web link

As a business advertiser, one link with no text is within the rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement