Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the spot fines being introduced

Options
  • 22-07-2010 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

I heard on the radio the other day about fines being introduced to owners of annoying house alarms and nuisance dogs that bark all night and day..

Anyone else hear this and how it works as I only caught the last bit on the radio.

It'll be very welcome in Charlesland Park..:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Fined by who?

How can they be enforced? how can they know your alarm didn't go off for a genuine reason be it break in or kids messing and hitting windows or something

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

I remember an EU-wide directive, adopted by all states, that came out about 2 years ago that reduced the time an alarm can go off for from 30 mins to 15 mins. So any alarm that is ringing beyond 15 mins is in violation of that directive.

The problem isn't the alarms going off, it's them staying on once they go off...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Ha ha, they can barely take care of the problems with stray dogs, owners not cleaning up after their dogs, licensing of dogs etc and now they want to introduce another rule that will never be enforced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Think it was about the ever more noise pollution in estates..
    I think It'll be a 3 strikes and your done type of rule..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

And the money generated from this will obviously be used to better our roads, put more facilities in the area etc.

oh no .. wait... no it won't !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'd love if an on the spot fine was issued for the person's alarm going off for the last 15 minutes. No idea where it's coming from as in Seabourne but it's bloody loud enough that i hear it with the doors closed.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    And the money generated from this will obviously be used to better our roads, put more facilities in the area etc.

oh no .. wait... no it won't !!!!!!!

No but we might get a bit of peace and quiet..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

The Eden Gate mngt company send thier house rules last week, and one of them states that your alarm cannot go off for any longer than 20 mins etc ( Fine dont ahve a problem with that ) but, that the Managment company have the right of admission ( without permission ) to turn it off !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Merrilady wrote: »
    The Eden Gate mngt company send thier house rules last week, and one of them states that your alarm cannot go off for any longer than 20 mins etc ( Fine dont ahve a problem with that ) but, that the Managment company have the right of admission ( without permission ) to turn it off !!

ah vigilante-ism, that'll end well.

Advertisement